Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Non - Specific > Engine Conversion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-07-2017, 08:31 PM
gmeadows03 gmeadows03 is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja_cain View Post
Awesome! That's the one you want bud (aftercooled model and most likely has an inline pump). $900 is a steal. Post up some pics when you get them. Specifically of the injection pump.
Can you identify the pump?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3360.JPG (119.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3363.JPG (101.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3379.JPG (81.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3373.JPG (100.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3359.JPG (153.6 KB, 39 views)
  #22  
Old 09-08-2017, 03:56 AM
ja_cain's Avatar
ja_cain ja_cain is online now
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,032
Default

That looks to be an a pump. If you can get any info off the pump I can tell you which governor it has on it. I think the weights can be replaced to allow for more rpm or you could just swap out the governor for a different one. It also may have a boost compensator (diaphragm) on the top of the pump, but can't see the rest of it in the pic. There seems to be a few different versions of thus pumop to include one that has a larger frame. This would allow it to handle higher injection pressures.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by ja_cain; 09-08-2017 at 04:08 AM.
  #23  
Old 09-08-2017, 04:17 AM
gwunter's Avatar
gwunter gwunter is offline
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Logansport, IN
Posts: 767
Default

RQV governor is for road type applications i.e. vehicles
RSV is for off road type applications. I.e. tractors

I would think this would be an RQV being a bus, but that's not 100% gospel.

Hurry up and buy the thing! Lol
__________________
Just a crazy, wannabe machinist....making crazy stroker parts.
  #24  
Old 09-08-2017, 05:35 AM
ja_cain's Avatar
ja_cain ja_cain is online now
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwunter View Post
RQV governor is for road type applications i.e. vehicles
RSV is for off road type applications. I.e. tractors

I would think this would be an RQV being a bus, but that's not 100% gospel.

Hurry up and buy the thing! Lol
Can the RQV be adjusted while on the pump and in truck or do you have to remove it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  #25  
Old 09-08-2017, 07:52 AM
gmeadows03 gmeadows03 is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwunter View Post
RQV governor is for road type applications i.e. vehicles
RSV is for off road type applications. I.e. tractors

I would think this would be an RQV being a bus, but that's not 100% gospel.

Hurry up and buy the thing! Lol
Oh I am ready to buy it. Unfortunately, we are refinancing the house and don't want to move too much money around our accounts until it is complete. And our dang loan specialist keeps giving us the run around and extending our closing date.

I would prefer to switch over to a P Pump anyway and am definitely looking in to AFC Live. Question: What turbo came with these motors? I could make out Garrett on the housing. Just curious if it could be rebuilt and used for a compound setup or if I need to start looking for other options.
  #26  
Old 09-08-2017, 02:38 PM
ja_cain's Avatar
ja_cain ja_cain is online now
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,032
Default

Pretty sure it is an T04E17.

http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/invat0tu46.html

Turbine Wheel

446905-0005 (407276-0006, 407276-0019, 410188-0006, 410188-0037, 446905-0002, 446905-0007, 446905-0010, 451309-0003) (Ind. 63.75 mm, Exd. 73. mm, Trm 76, 11 Blades) (1100040436)

Compressor Wheel

442476-0011 (Ind. 55. mm, Exd. 75. mm, Trm 54, 6+6 Blades)



Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by ja_cain; 09-08-2017 at 02:41 PM.
  #27  
Old 09-09-2017, 05:04 AM
gwunter's Avatar
gwunter gwunter is offline
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Logansport, IN
Posts: 767
Default

I Believe it's just a spring change for the governor speed. The A pump has ports on the gov body to access springs. I've never done a spring swap on an inline pump, but wouldn't hesitate to try. I'd have to double check an rqv gov on an A pump I have but I don't think it has an AFC, but it's been a while since I had it in my hands.

What's your goal HP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk
__________________
Just a crazy, wannabe machinist....making crazy stroker parts.
  #28  
Old 09-09-2017, 09:30 AM
gmeadows03 gmeadows03 is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwunter View Post
I Believe it's just a spring change for the governor speed. The A pump has ports on the gov body to access springs. I've never done a spring swap on an inline pump, but wouldn't hesitate to try. I'd have to double check an rqv gov on an A pump I have but I don't think it has an AFC, but it's been a while since I had it in my hands.

What's your goal HP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk
I would like to see the numbers around what Pipewhiner did. Injectors, pushrods, valve springs, and turbo (compound setup). I would also like to have a P pump. I know it sounds typical, but I want enough power and torque to not feel sluggish. The most I would pull would be about 10,000 lbs. Of course if I had the ability, I am sure I would try pulling more if needed. Also, I don't want this truck to be a pure beast that loses mpg. My 6.0 now averages around 13.5 mpg. I definitely don't want to be below that number unloaded. So with 4.10 gears and most likely the 4r100, I need to plan to put together a streamline powertrain.
  #29  
Old 10-12-2017, 11:25 AM
gmeadows03 gmeadows03 is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Default

Its been a few weeks but I finally purchased the bus. Took me two weeks to meet up with the guy and get everything taken care of. It was the YMCA's bus so I had to wait until the right person (boss) was available to sign the title. Drove ole Betsy home last night and it ran pretty dang good. Now, I just need to find time to pull them motor and start the rebuild process. Anyone have a recommendation on which rebuild kit provider is good or bad?

Side note...my F250 just had a pulley go out at lunch. I think it was my tensioner. So I have to fix it first. I'm guessing it senses that I will be parting ways and going for a bigger truck.
  #30  
Old 10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
ja_cain's Avatar
ja_cain ja_cain is online now
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeadows03 View Post
Its been a few weeks but I finally purchased the bus. Took me two weeks to meet up with the guy and get everything taken care of. It was the YMCA's bus so I had to wait until the right person (boss) was available to sign the title. Drove ole Betsy home last night and it ran pretty dang good. Now, I just need to find time to pull them motor and start the rebuild process. Anyone have a recommendation on which rebuild kit provider is good or bad?

Side note...my F250 just had a pulley go out at lunch. I think it was my tensioner. So I have to fix it first. I'm guessing it senses that I will be parting ways and going for a bigger truck.
Sweet! Pics or it didn't happen.

There was a thread awhile back and I think the OP got is his kit here:

http://www.agkits.com/International-...x#.Wd_vTFtSzIU

Here is a supposedly OEM kit on Ebay. Make sure you buy a kit that coincides with your serial number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1817253c96-I...75.c100623.m-1
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 PM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd