Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-04-2017, 06:51 PM
08Monster's Avatar
08Monster 08Monster is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinney1 View Post
I have heard the stock turbo goes out early on these trucks. I will have to keep the S363 in mind.
Did you have to change anything else along with the turbo to make it work?
Yes, have to get a non-vgt turbo kit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
  #22  
Old 10-04-2017, 09:07 PM
doo dah's Avatar
doo dah doo dah is offline
Sergeant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinney1 View Post
I have heard the stock turbo goes out early on these trucks. I will have to keep the S363 in mind.
Did you have to change anything else along with the turbo to make it work?
Mine had a 160k on it and it wasn't gone but was on the way out. You'll need tuning for the non vgt but all tuners of done a good job of putting quality engine files together. I have GH and TyRaNt both are pretty hot. As a result of the turbo I now get to spend several g's on a transmission rebuild and I'll upgrade to a 2016 pump at the same time. Building it with 750hp Suncoast internals so it should get fun now that I don't have to pussy foot the thing all the time.
__________________
2012 F350 CC LB 4x4 Lariat. MiniMaxx with GH tunes, 5" exhaust, Industrial Injection single turbo kit.
  #23  
Old 10-05-2017, 07:37 AM
mckinney1 mckinney1 is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Monument Colorado
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
Mine had a 160k on it and it wasn't gone but was on the way out. You'll need tuning for the non vgt but all tuners of done a good job of putting quality engine files together. I have GH and TyRaNt both are pretty hot. As a result of the turbo I now get to spend several g's on a transmission rebuild and I'll upgrade to a 2016 pump at the same time. Building it with 750hp Suncoast internals so it should get fun now that I don't have to pussy foot the thing all the time.
Sounds like your getting that things built up well! Thanks for your input, guess i'll keep the stock turbo for a while then and just deal with the hiss.

I wanted to get rid of the constant failing *** issues I was having, I had 17k on the truck and had already been in the shop 2 times for that **** and wanted to get some reliability back.

I have gone down the road of building vehicles and don't want this truck to become a constant money hog
  #24  
Old 10-09-2017, 10:00 AM
doo dah's Avatar
doo dah doo dah is offline
Sergeant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinney1 View Post
Sounds like your getting that things built up well! Thanks for your input, guess i'll keep the stock turbo for a while then and just deal with the hiss.

I wanted to get rid of the constant failing *** issues I was having, I had 17k on the truck and had already been in the shop 2 times for that **** and wanted to get some reliability back.

I have gone down the road of building vehicles and don't want this truck to become a constant money hog
The hiss is a byproduct of the variable veins in the turbo, so not a sign it is failing just inherent to the design.

These trucks money pit really quick. I bought mine and have put close to the price of the truck into in just under 3 years. When you add power other things begin to pop up pretty quick.
__________________
2012 F350 CC LB 4x4 Lariat. MiniMaxx with GH tunes, 5" exhaust, Industrial Injection single turbo kit.
  #25  
Old 10-09-2017, 06:14 PM
dsmracing1's Avatar
dsmracing1 dsmracing1 is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
The hiss is a byproduct of the variable veins in the turbo, so not a sign it is failing just inherent to the design.



These trucks money pit really quick. I bought mine and have put close to the price of the truck into in just under 3 years. When you add power other things begin to pop up pretty quick.


Really!? You must have got a lemon. Iíve got close to 100K of hard oilfield and pipeline kilometres and the only items for maintenance have been a track bar ball joint, drag link, front right wheel bearing and fuel pressure regulator. Iím pushing close to 700whp for a work truck too lol.

__________________
2014 F-350 Platinum CCSB 4x4
No Limit Fabrication/EZ-Lynk Proven Diesel Tuned/OUO/3.5 SST Ready Lift/Bilstein/Flo Pro/BDS/Midwest 65.5 StreetmaxR Turbo Kit, Piping & Dual Fueler, H&S LPFP
Dyno: 655/1240
"The Work Truck"
  #26  
Old 10-11-2017, 10:31 PM
doo dah's Avatar
doo dah doo dah is offline
Sergeant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmracing1 View Post
Really!? You must have got a lemon. Iíve got close to 100K of hard oilfield and pipeline kilometres and the only items for maintenance have been a track bar ball joint, drag link, front right wheel bearing and fuel pressure regulator. Iím pushing close to 700whp for a work truck too lol.

Maybe. I have 210k miles of hard work and it hasn't left me stranded. Just saying after 3 tuners with more than a few custom tunes, non VGT with all the piping and now a fully Suncoast 750 horse built transmission I'm in it for close to 20k in upgrades; some needed and some wanted. Not cheap to my meager bank account.
__________________
2012 F350 CC LB 4x4 Lariat. MiniMaxx with GH tunes, 5" exhaust, Industrial Injection single turbo kit.
  #27  
Old 10-12-2017, 09:16 AM
dsmracing1's Avatar
dsmracing1 dsmracing1 is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,091
Default What EGT Temps are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
Maybe. I have 210k miles of hard work and it hasn't left me stranded. Just saying after 3 tuners with more than a few custom tunes, non VGT with all the piping and now a fully Suncoast 750 horse built transmission I'm in it for close to 20k in upgrades; some needed and some wanted. Not cheap to my meager bank account.


Oh I see what youíre saying now haha. Well In that sense Iím right there with you minus the trans. That will be soon enough though lol
__________________
2014 F-350 Platinum CCSB 4x4
No Limit Fabrication/EZ-Lynk Proven Diesel Tuned/OUO/3.5 SST Ready Lift/Bilstein/Flo Pro/BDS/Midwest 65.5 StreetmaxR Turbo Kit, Piping & Dual Fueler, H&S LPFP
Dyno: 655/1240
"The Work Truck"
  #28  
Old 10-12-2017, 01:08 PM
doo dah's Avatar
doo dah doo dah is offline
Sergeant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmracing1 View Post
Oh I see what youíre saying now haha. Well In that sense Iím right there with you minus the trans. That will be soon enough though lol
Maybe crack is a better term than money pit.

I will say that even with 210k miles and hurting, the transmission held up and never got hot pulling 15k pounds a few hundred miles in 90 degree weather. I honestly think you can't kill it completely. Hard to spend the money for the 750 horse kit when it was still driving but I have been putting up with horrible shifts for 70k miles, finally hit my limit.
__________________
2012 F350 CC LB 4x4 Lariat. MiniMaxx with GH tunes, 5" exhaust, Industrial Injection single turbo kit.
  #29  
Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM
dsmracing1's Avatar
dsmracing1 dsmracing1 is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
Maybe crack is a better term than money pit.



I will say that even with 210k miles and hurting, the transmission held up and never got hot pulling 15k pounds a few hundred miles in 90 degree weather. I honestly think you can't kill it completely. Hard to spend the money for the 750 horse kit when it was still driving but I have been putting up with horrible shifts for 70k miles, finally hit my limit.


I hear ya there man! My trans is hurting too. Rough 3-4 shift and a jarring 3-2 down shift...
__________________
2014 F-350 Platinum CCSB 4x4
No Limit Fabrication/EZ-Lynk Proven Diesel Tuned/OUO/3.5 SST Ready Lift/Bilstein/Flo Pro/BDS/Midwest 65.5 StreetmaxR Turbo Kit, Piping & Dual Fueler, H&S LPFP
Dyno: 655/1240
"The Work Truck"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:11 PM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd