B codes vs hybrids

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I've tried searching it but not a ton of info on b codes vs hybrids. Seems like 99 percent of people agree hybrids are better mostly from a hpo standpoint. But I'm curious if you hypothetically had two identical trucks running the basic stuff along with a bts dual hpop system only difference being injectors. One has B-code 250/100 the other hybrid 250/100. What are the pros and cons to either? Again I'm not looking to dig up the oil hungry issues of the b codes. Would one have better drivability? Power? Smoke? Egts? Mileage? Alright school me!

psmike

Reaction score
subd im running 250's 100 an bts pumps.. truck runs really good.. curious about what hybrid diff would make.

superpsd

Reaction score
I run B codes. Many have said driveability is better with the B codes but with proper tuning hybrids work just fine. B codes are less popular as they cost more and most builders require B cores. Of course then you also need a high volume hpop so the cost is substantially higher. A BD code injector is a 240cc injector out of the box just needs a nozzle swap. The B codes have a higher VOP out of the box but you can build an hybrid with B code nozzle springs. Higher VOP means better atomization with the downside of less actual PW per commanded PW. A codes shine at lower rpms. B codes shine in the mid range and hybrids win for all out power.

Last edited:

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
I run B codes. Many have said driveability is better with the B codes but with proper tuning hybrids work just fine. B codes are less popular as they cost more and most builders require B cores. Of course then you also need a high volume hpop so the cost is substantially higher. A BD code injector is a 240cc injector out of the box just needs a nozzle swap. The B codes have a higher VOP out of the box but you can build an hybrid with B code nozzle springs. Higher VOP means better atomization with the downside of less actual PW per commanded PW. A codes shine at lower rpms. B codes shine in the mid range and hybrids win for all out power.
So money and oil requirements aside it sound like a set of b code would be the
Ticket for the most part.

superpsd

Reaction score
So money and oil requirements aside it sound like a set of b code would be the
Ticket for the most part.

Some prefer the hybrids and some prefer the B codes. There have been hundreds of arguments on here about B codes vs Hybrids if you want to dig further on here thru old threads.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
It all depends on what the goals for the build are and how it will be used.

All out horsepower and higher RPMs - hybrids.

All the torque and lower RPMs - B codes.

The reality that is somewhere in between the two above points requires a lot more information and a whole lot more guestimation. Unless you have a specific reason to go to B codes, just do the hybrids. The tuning is there, they are understood, cheaper to get, etc....

I've ran both - both have pros and cons.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.