Track bar bushings, whitch?

MeTo

Reaction score
I need to replace the track bar bushings. I see there are rubber, polyurethane and bushings with/without steel sleeves. Is there a preference? Part number?

JCart

Reaction score
I’d be looking to poly with a steel sleeve. Nuther (better) option is PMF makes an adjustable track bar and it has heim joint ends on it, that’s what we are running on a couple of our trucks currently. Lotsa forces at play here especially if you have the stock setup with the in frame front spring hangers. Those are prone wearing out quickly (as they are so narrow) due to being up inside the frame and at the front of the spring. The stock set up is a poorly executed design and will always wear out prematurely, compared to a Reverse Shackle Kit set up. Typically with my trucks I do a RSK on them, yes even the factory F350 4x4s once done steering, handling and ride is improved significantly. RSK, with front rear anti sway bars, heim joint track bar, Borgeson mid steering shaft and your choice of improved steering box = wicked steering handling riding rig.

Short term you could replace upper, lower spring hanger bushings and track bar along with anti sway bushings with Poly will help for sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online