OUO adaptable length bolt on kit review

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
right on!.. now that makes way more sense!!

should the nuts be taken off and more red lock tight be used if already set up and re-torqued to the 33ftlbs? i would assume so im case it got to hot and burnt it out..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything negative that could become of it

ingrahams

Reaction score
The 101041 & 101044 cast axle bar mounts packaged are only 1lb heavier than the predecessor welded 101041 & 101042(superceded), but are definitely stronger.

The 101020 Beside Frame Pivot Mounts came out about 2 lbs heavier total cast boxed - They are much stronger, and quicker to produce in high quantity for us, so we are much happier. This allows our welders to focus on building more bars, ala's, and traction blocks because we never run out of pivot mounts (we do batches of 500 at a time)

Also Jake, Dave asked me to respond to you about the instructions as well since he doesn't really post on forums

-----------
Per Dave -
We are sorry about the torque spec in the instructions.
The 3/8-24 Bolts should be torqued to 33 Ft Lbs when running thru the frame with nut on them instead of the 18 ftlbs.
We have fixed this typo, thanks for helping us with the problem.
If you used Loctite remember to warm up the bolt to release the lock tight to get a true torque.
We update the instructions every time we print them and try to incorporate feedback to make the install more clear.
We have fixed this typo, thanks for helping us with the problem.
-Dave Hoppert, One Up Offroad
----------
-Jared

Just installed the same bars on my 11' ECLB, huge difference and great quality. I'll have to re-torque as well once I'm back stateside, I remember thinking that 18 FT.Lbs sounded a bit light but figured it had to be right.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok. thank you sir! badass product btw, pass it to the rest of the ouo boys please... which im sure they know that already.. lol

now i just need some midwest diesel and auto parts on my truck.. lol

Last edited:

nighthawk285

Reaction score
ok. thank you sir! badass product btw, pass it to the rest of the ouo boys please... which im sure they know that already.. lol

Amen to that. I've used and abused mine with towing, sled pulling, and hauling hay trailers over some nasty uneven terrain, some racing, and they've taken everything I've given them and asked for more. Awesome product

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Amen to that. I've used and abused mine with towing, sled pulling, and hauling hay trailers over some nasty uneven terrain, some racing, and they've taken everything I've given them and asked for more. Awesome product
how much overlap did you end up with?

Jomax

Reaction score

When I did my bars 18ft lb didn't feel like enough. I just did good N tight torque spec with red loctite lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnxtc2

Reaction score
fb594699dcb03da3b36701a65262e9e3.jpg

I swapped out the Grade 5 bolt for a Grade 8 yellow chromate bolt to match the rest. I like the stainless ARP bolt used as the through bolt.

Now you got me thinking....I dont know if I have the 8" overlap in the bars....:shrug::shrug::shrug:

20161127_154443_zpsde2qrhtc.jpg

I ran across this issue on the passenger side. I drilled the bracket to secure the Christmas tree strap.

20160425_180632_zpszrkjuznb.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I swapped out the Grade 5 bolt for a Grade 8 yellow chromate bolt to match the rest. I like the stainless ARP bolt used as the through bolt.

Now you got me thinking....I dont know if I have the 8" overlap in the bars....:shrug::shrug::shrug:

20161127_154443_zpsde2qrhtc.jpg

I ran across this issue on the passenger side. I drilled the bracket to secure the Christmas tree strap.

20160425_180632_zpszrkjuznb.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]
oh boy.. is yours a cclb?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yep...2016 F350 CCLB DRW with a Titan 65 gallon tank.

Billy T.
[email protected]
oh chit!! so if the frame length and body mounts are the same and i figure i have 10 inches of overlap, and im 3 3/4 inches from that body mount, you are probably under 6 inches of overlap since you are kinda tucked under the mount some... hmmmm

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well, probably you were thinking about making a post on PSA instead of properly tightening the u-bolt(s).

I doubt the rear was going anywhere with 160ish lb ft on a 3/4 bolt.

Billy T.
[email protected]
lol.. nope.. i torqued them each 3 times during install.. just like i did with every bolt.. lol

Latest posts

Members online