2022 chages

jjuday30

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the big changes are coming up for the 2022 power stroke?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
Too early to know what the upgrades will be. I don't expect many changes. Probably 2023 or 2024. For a refresh. 2022 will likely see a small power bump to compete with RAM bumping their H.0. Version to 1075ft lbs of torque. I'm curious to see if Ford will offer a powerstroke powerboost option like they do on the F150 hybrid. The electric motor unit bolts between the ecoboost snd the 10R80 on the F150s do it's really a modular design that could be adapted.

jjuday30

Reaction score
Too early to know what the upgrades will be. I don't expect many changes. Probably 2023 or 2024. For a refresh. 2022 will likely see a small power bump to compete with RAM bumping their H.0. Version to 1075ft lbs of torque. I'm curious to see if Ford will offer a powerstroke powerboost option like they do on the F150 hybrid. The electric motor unit bolts between the ecoboost snd the 10R80 on the F150s do it's really a modular design that could be adapted.
That would be cool to get the power boost. Of course you could always turn the turbo up 10 psi

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I could see a modest "tuning" change for the 2021 trucks.....maybe. I'd bet Ford holds off on the HP/TQ game till the new interior is coming out.

superpsd

Reaction score
That would be cool to get the power boost. Of course you could always turn the turbo up 10 psi

There is plenty of room to turn them up. With just tuning they are easily turning these 20-21 trucks up another 100hp emissions on and seeing short of 600 rwhp on free breathing exhaust ugrades. If you buy a ford 6.7 it all has the same Power ratings. With the ram you have to upgrade to the H.O. Option to get the 1075 ft lbs and the horsepower still falls very short of the fords. Ford being 475hp and ram at 400hp. Also the H.O. Cummins is only available in the 3500 Ram. So minus 25 ft lbs ford is still leading the pack in the power war in my eyes. If ford added a hybrid option it could definely help effeciency and add more on demand torque and also turn your truck into a portable generator.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I mean, HP in the cal is already there. The 2020s put down 460-470 RWHP bone stock on superflows.

They just need to change the advertised HP/TQ number and good to go. No changes needed.

Ford loves to under rate

Petro

Reaction score
Wondering when they are going to cap the horsepower and torque and say enough is enough. I mean, how much power to people really need from a diesel pickup? If almost 500rwhp isn't enough, you probably should be looking into a real truck anyway.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
5th wheels and toy haulers are getting ridiculously heavy and large. I own a Grand Design Momentum 381M, its 45' long and loaded it weighs 22k lbs. I know there are several trailers out there tipping higher than that, but im not gonna go buy a Semi just to pull my trailer 8 or 9 times a year.

My 18' just pulled the trailer empty (18k lbs) up the Grapevine in cali at 58mph with the pedal to the floor. So when loaded, yeah I would like to have a little more oomph, and not have to try as hard. I couldn't imagine people pulling the actual weigh ratings of 31,700lbs.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Wondering when they are going to cap the horsepower and torque and say enough is enough. I mean, how much power to people really need from a diesel pickup? If almost 500rwhp isn't enough, you probably should be looking into a real truck anyway.

It's just going to go along with technology advancement. Right now, the power levels have surpassed the traction capabilities of the tires. You will keep seeing the power increase, but the programming will change to limit when that power is available. Right now, the power increase has slowed down to small bumps each year. I look for the next major jump to be the introduction of electric or hybrid power systems.

97stoker350

Reaction score

Did you really just ask if this on a diesel performance forum? Im actually pretty offended lol

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Idk what you're driving, but my 18' has a huge restriction of torque at lower speeds, it's extremely laggy and sluggish. It makes my OBS look like a torque monster off the line, and it falls on its face fast, but seems the 6.7 pulls hard throughout entire rpm range.

Last edited:

mostcorey95

Reaction score
Idk what you're driving, but my 18' has a huge restriction of torque at lower speeds, it's extremely laggy and sluggish. It makes my OBS look like a torque monster off the line, and it falls on its face fast, but seems the 6.7 pulls hard throughout entire rpm range.

I have a 18 and 20 now. I had my 18 ******d and my 20 will be shortly. It already has a trans tune on it and the trans alone shifts better and it pulls my loaded race trailer off the line like it’s empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
A ******d and tuned 18' pulls your race trailer like its unloaded? Makes sense. Im talking bone stock.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
The 20 bone stock did better the the 18 did stock. All that’s done to the 20 now is a transmission tune I didn’t like the way it was shifting from factory. I just ******d the 18 last weekend. The 18 now is still a dog compared to the 20 with just a transmission tune. The 20 stock did better. I tow daily with the 20 now as the 18 is now going to my dad to drive for work. He had the 20 and asked me if I can make the 18 any better now.

superpsd

Reaction score
Much to be desired from the stock TCM calibration from factory on the 10r140 for some. Mine acts up sometimes. Ppei made a comments that ford either changed the part number on the TCM or the transmission I never got clarity on what he was talking about. I'll wait until my warranty is a little more worn down before I start tuning. With free exhaling mods on hot tunes these 20s are showing over 1400 ft lbs at the wheels.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
The 10r is using a different controller and transmission. 6r was a total different controller. The new 10r is a total new animal and loves high line pressure from stock it’s like 2200kpa maximum line pressure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.