Cracked Heads Question

JumpMan92

Reaction score
Will cracked heads cause unburnt diesel in the cylinder? Recently had my heads off the mechanic recommended new heads but was tight on cash and the truck came back smoking diesel the truck ran away i towed it to the shop and it started up fine but it ran away again on a test drive. Fingers crossed the block is fine

Attachments

• 6796214C-6871-4E20-AADE-16CF81CF4569.jpg
    6796214C-6871-4E20-AADE-16CF81CF4569.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 72

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Shouldn’t cause any of those issues. I would be more inclined to say turbos or injectors. Hard to say given the information stated.

JumpMan92

Reaction score
I sent the truck in for new up pipes and the the truck has a little tapping noise which one mechanic said it was a lifter and it ended up being a rocker arm and then this

webb06

Reaction score
I sent the truck in for new up pipes and the the truck has a little tapping noise which one mechanic said it was a lifter and it ended up being a rocker arm and then this

Why were the heads taken off then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JumpMan92

Reaction score
Why were the heads taken off then?

Thought the tapping was the lifters but ended up being a rocker he informed me that there was a broken rocker before he continued so I told him to fix it and continue the original job

webb06

Reaction score
Thought the tapping was the lifters but ended up being a rocker he informed me that there was a broken rocker before he continued so I told him to fix it and continue the original job

So they came off for lifters after finding the rocker was the issue?

JumpMan92

Reaction score
I guess they found the rocker as the issues putting the truck back together

Latest posts

Members online