MPD Budget Turbo

Dsaline

Reaction score
Would it be wise to upgrade the air intake for this kit or will the stock intake do just fine?

Dsaline

Reaction score
yeah just have a hard time spending 1300 on a piping kit after spending 3200 for a turbo and tuner. just didn't know if the bigger turbo needed more air, or if the stock one can provide enough.

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
I bought the 64.5 MPD budget kit initially and after everything was installed I decided to rip the factory intake back off and order the piping kit. Glad I did. Got rid of the CCV. Cleaner air for the engine is always better. Plus, it cleaned up the engine bay nicely.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yeah just have a hard time spending 1300 on a piping kit after spending 3200 for a turbo and tuner. just didn't know if the bigger turbo needed more air, or if the stock one can provide enough.

if you dont do a piping kit, do an intake for sure !! hit me up derek, i'll take care of ya, whatever you decide .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm running the 364.5 budget kit with just the h and s intercooler piping and everything else stock. Made 511hp at the rear wheels on crap tires. Will work fine enough.

yea mine did 530 on one dyno , 505 on another , so that's pretty solid , the pump is taxed at that power level . it was a fun setup .

Dsaline

Reaction score
Sorry been a way for awhile just got married haha.. but ya looking to upgrade the air intake. what are the better ones to run for that kit? I heard the stage 2 no limit

Latest posts

Members online