FASS fuel system install

punkrockford

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for some help. I just installed a FASS fuel pump filter assembly on my 2010 F250. after installing it, I now have a code P0232 "fuel pump secondary circuit high" and the truck is way down on power. Has anyone else had this problem? I called FASS and they just tried to sell me a 75 dollar part. my guess is its because I have the stock HFCM unplugged. I also used the fuse tap they send with the kit and tapped off of the fuel pump fuse in the engine bay fuse panel. Any help you guys could offer would be awesome. Thanks

webb06

Reaction score
Wire the fass to the hfcm connector and the code should go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punkrockford

Reaction score
Wire the fass to the hfcm connector and the code should go away

The guys at FASS told me the same thing. Thanks for the reply. do you happen to know what the connector type is on the pump. I would like to get a pig tail to plug into the factory plug instead of splicing it together.

webb06

Reaction score
The guys at FASS told me the same thing. Thanks for the reply. do you happen to know what the connector type is on the pump. I would like to get a pig tail to plug into the factory plug instead of splicing it together.

So you’re wanting to keep the truck harness factory and splice onto the fass wiring? I can’t think of any connectors that would fit that but a Ford dealer should have a book of every connector they offer and you might get lucky and find one to match.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

When I’ve done fuel pump installs, I typically take the fuel pump harness off, and tie into the big round connector. Just look at the colors at the pump 2 pin connector and cut the wif wires really short and heat shrink the ends, then cut the fuel pump wires and splice into them. Those jumper harnesses are fairly cheap, so tying into it instead of the frame harness is typically better.

punkrockford

Reaction score
Isn’t the plug that plugs into the HFCM (pump) part of the engine harness? Or is it a pig tail off of the main harness? I guess I need to get under the truck and follow the harness. Just trying to keep it clean and be able to put the original pump back in service when I finally decide to sell the truck. 2010 with only 52,000 miles. The truck has a lot of life left in it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Isn’t the plug that plugs into the HFCM (pump) part of the engine harness? Or is it a pig tail off of the main harness? I guess I need to get under the truck and follow the harness. Just trying to keep it clean and be able to put the original pump back in service when I finally decide to sell the truck. 2010 with only 52,000 miles. The truck has a lot of life left in it.

The fuel pump harness is only about 10 inches or so. If you follow it up there will be a round black connector slightly forward of the pump, up towards the body.

punkrockford

Reaction score
Install worked great. thanks for all the help guys. One more question. Is there anyway to just buy the fuel filter for under the hood now that i have bypassed the HFCM?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
When we do aftermarket pumps we pull the filter and the standpipe out of the filter bowl, so the filter bowl is just like a reservoir. Plus there is a regulator in the standpipe that will fight the new pump regulator.

Latest posts

Members online