P0607 Check Engine Code

BigNiner19

Reaction score
2008 6.4 with H&S tuner. Truck runs perfectly fine, always has. Dont notice any other issues. But has been throwing a check engine light the past couple weeks every couple times I start the truck.

I tried returning back to stock and then re-loading H&S and the check engine light came back after 4 or 5 starts.

There are no other codes present, and the truck still drives perfect.

I read about TCMs but dont know if my problem is specific to that or not.

I can continue to clear the check engine light whenever it comes on, but I would like to know the cause of the problem and if there is a repair/replace for it.

Thanks

djr4x4

Reaction score
Start checking all your grounds to see if any are loose.. Check your batteries and see if they are nice and strong.Also check the connections at the batteries..Check any wires (power or grounds) that maybe rubbing against something bare..

BigNiner19

Reaction score
Checked all grounds. Cleaned battery cables. Batteries were under warranty, so swapped them both out for two new ones. Truck still will intermittently throw a code. The code will before I even start. All it takes is the key turned to on. I know this because I would clear it with my tuner, and then check before I turned all the way to start the truck.

I would say its a 50/50 chance of the light coming on or not at each start.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Checked all grounds. Cleaned battery cables. Batteries were under warranty, so swapped them both out for two new ones. Truck still will intermittently throw a code. The code will before I even start. All it takes is the key turned to on. I know this because I would clear it with my tuner, and then check before I turned all the way to start the truck.

I would say its a 50/50 chance of the light coming on or not at each start.

I had that code when my dually had 10,000 miles ford had to replace the TCM.

BigNiner19

Reaction score
I had that code when my dually had 10,000 miles ford had to replace the TCM.

Yeah that's what I have been reading. TCM is around $400 and need to be done at Ford to reflash, cant even do it myself. Was your problem constant or intermittent? Sometimes mine wont do it for a few starts in a row.

BigNiner19

Reaction score
Still having troubles with this. Truck usually drives okay unless I stomp on it. Even then, it wont always act weird shifting, only sometimes.

Code will clear and stay off but the next time I turn the truck off and back on the code will come back.

Other than that truck runs/shifts great.

Latest posts

Members online