04 6.0 Deltas GURU's

Jtreece

Reaction score
just picked up 2 OEM radiators last night so the mishimoto is getting pulled soon. Also the upper and lower radiator hoses are new.

Jtreece

Reaction score
Also, both the radiator and cooler are clean (oil cooler brand new) and the system was flushed before install.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm saying I'd like to see what's going in and what's coming out. For example, if the coolant is just whipping through the radiator, it isn't dissipating the heat properly and leaves radiator too hot.

Also, if there is a big spread in upper and lower temp, then there is too much restriction in the tubes, keeping hot coolant in your block alot longer

Jtreece

Reaction score
ohh I got ya, I will have to do some checking. And you say restriction in the tubes as in the radiator or the oil cooler?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Radiator. Alot of cheap chinsy radiators are found with pinched tubes that retrict the flow too much.

Jtreece

Reaction score
got a question, started my truck this morning after it set for over 16 hours and the ect and eot were at 90 and 91 when the ambient temp was 75. Shouldn't they read what ambient temp is? this may be a dumb question so sorry if it is.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Man... After 16 hours I'd think they should be within a few degrees of ambient...

Jtreece

Reaction score
that's what I've always been told is they will be within a few degrees of ambient temp. FYI it has new oil and coolant temp sensors as well.

Zeb

Reaction score
I’m use to seeing 2-4* higher than ambient on an X4 after sitting overnight, but 15-16*, seems a little high. I think the temps you have been seeing while driving seem pretty accurate from the way you’ve described the fan running.

Decker

Reaction score
This morning outside temp 75 degree truck eot/ect 92/93 and that's about 11 hrs of sitting over night. My Delta's normally are 2-4 daily city and 5-9 on highway doing like 80-85 so idk I don't think 15-16 unreasonable

Jtreece

Reaction score
anyone running the delta solution kit by Steve? iv read a bunch of reviews and it solves wide spread deltas supposedly makes your truck run at proper temps.

sootie

Reaction score
anyone running the delta solution kit by Steve? iv read a bunch of reviews and it solves wide spread deltas supposedly makes your truck run at proper temps.

Absolute snake oil (no pun intended). Run faaar away from it. Doesn't work and screws up your factory coolant flow. unless of course you want the same deltas you have now plus mediocre heat in the winter than go for it!

Jtreece

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, thank you sootie. you speak those wise words. The idea behind it seems legit but I'm not a pro at 6.0's. What is your opinion on an external oil cooler?

Zeb

Reaction score
Bit of a thread derail here, but a question for Sootie. Does teeing into the heater hose behind the alternator have the same effect on heater performance? OP, have you tried an OEM radiator yet? Curious to see what happens when/if you do?

Jtreece

Reaction score
Zeb, if you're asking if I have installed the OEM radiator yet the answer is no. I work to much to have fun! plus I have to send them both in to get pressure tested and have them cleaned. I got both of them free so I want to be sure they are up to par before putting 1 one in.

Latest posts

Members online