PO4DB and fan clutch?

Tork

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I had taken my 2015 SD in so they could fix the PO4DB issue under a recall. The next morning after truck was picked up I started on a road trip with our toy hauler loaded with toys. About 3 hours into the trip I ran into some traffic congestion and started to over heat.

I pulled over waited traffic out for a while then started going again without much issue. When I stopped for fuel I noticed the AC didn't work when I was at idle. AS soon as I started moving again the AC started working.

Anyway, long story short I noticed the fan was not spinning. I checked all the fan connections but didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

Could anything the service tech did with replacing the PO4DB affect my fan clutch? The belt is on and the fan spins freely. Figured someone here would know. Thanks...

BigRed97

Reaction score
No on the relation to the recall

And fan clutches are a fairly common failure, although they usually fail engaged.. it should still be warranty if is a 15...unless you have over 100k miles

Tork

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the information. I was hoping it was something simple but I guess they can figure it out when I bring it in. Fortunately I have extended warranty.

Latest posts

Members online