2011 6.7 turbo failure

rrkroll

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
This is my first post to this site, thanks for your help in advance.
I blew the turbo in my 2011 f250 last week. It made 207000 miles but I guess I should have changed her out a couple miles earlier. Now that I have torn into the truck, I found that the compressor side shaft has so much play that there probably isn’t even a bearing in it any more and the vanes on the wheel are worn out about 1/8”. All the way around.

I have a 2015 turbo kit coming for the truck, but I was wondering what sort of engine clean out I need to be doing before turbo install/after getting it running.

So far I have plans to take the Cac out and clean it as well as I can, and plan on changing the oil 1 to 2 times before putting my good oil back in.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Do I need to pull the lower oil pan and wipe things out? What about the oil drain tube through the pedestal? How would you recommend cleaning that out? Also, how long should I run the engine between oil changes for the 2 cleanout changes?

I appreciate the help. I am 1000 miles from home doing this in a hotel parking lot and definitely don’t want to have issues from metal shavings in the oil after getting this back together.

Ryan

sootie

Reaction score
Do the turbo swap, then change the oil. No need for multiple changes. Not sure where you are getting your turbo kit from but you wont be using the existing pedestal anyway. Also, go with a 2017+ turbo kit, they are simpler and dont have an external oil feed to leak down the road. Cleaning the CAC is about all i would do as everything else is getting replaced anyway.

rrkroll

Reaction score
SOOTIE Thank you for your help. I changed the turbo in the hotel parking lot and the truck is doing great. I appreciate you answering my thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.