2000 7.3 torque converter locking unlocking

sparky

Reaction score
My 2000 7.3 4r100 the torque converter locks and unlocks while accelerating and driving in OD. I have ohmed out the solenoid pack and wires going to it. I have replaced brake light switch, tail light bulbs. Can’t find anything anyone have any ideas. I am leaning toward PCM or solenoid pack it’s self.

DieselDC

Reaction score
How many miles on it? Could be just worn electrical checked out. Could be the valve body too.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

DieselDC

Reaction score
When you homed our the solenoid pack, what did you get?

I believe 4r100 uses the speed sensors on the transmission itself for lockup (along with pressure fluid coupling etc). Could you ohm them out too? 1.10 ohm

f2f4f41cb7f084946566a723de0cb642.jpg

—————signature—————

mandkole

Reaction score
Can you command lock and keep it locked? You also should put a scanner on to verify if the converter clutches are slipping while locked. If it is, it will command unlock. I chased this troubleshooting path until pulling the trans and replacing the converter.

sparky

Reaction score
They are not slipping it is locking and unlocking several times with in a few seconds I have a snap on Solis scanner and you can see it doing this.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Not solenoid since it ohms out fine. Not tc b/c you locked it manually.

Pcm. Get it rebuilt by swamps.

—————signature—————

sparky

Reaction score
Ran 180-200 today towing about 4500 lbs using the toggle switch and leaving the converter locked above 40 mph

Latest posts

Members online