Quick Help needed!! Standpipe issue

03_PSD

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in the process or replacing #5 injector. Everything is going smoothly until I take out the stand pipe and the very top piece came off without the long tube. I cant lift the oil rail (or fuel rail) off. Can I try to gently push the standpipe up using a flathead or something.

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Yes just take a flat head and gently pry in between the two and they should separate.
Hey guys, I'm in the process or replacing #5 injector. Everything is going smoothly until I take out the stand pipe and the very top piece came off without the long tube. I cant lift the oil rail (or fuel rail) off. Can I try to gently push the standpipe up using a flathead or something.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Any tips on removing the electrical connection for the injector. I've been trying the 18 mm socket and I had to walk away because it's not coming out.

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Try a 19mm socket and lightly tap on it with a hammer handle or bottom of screwdriver. Should come right out
Any tips on removing the electrical connection for the injector. I've been trying the 18 mm socket and I had to walk away because it's not coming out.

gotchadollar

Reaction score

03_PSD

Reaction score
I'll do that. Hopefully have it all buttoned up and running good again tomorrow morning.

I really appreciate your help bud!

Latest posts