delayed reverse

Welderup

Reaction score
Trucks been having a delayed reverse or almost like a false neutral every once in a while. Trying to figure out if it's a tuning issue or valve body anyone have any input on this on the best way to diagnose the problem. Trucks a 2013 with 36k ******d with sct.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Mine started doing it at around 90K and I brought it in at 99K. They ended up putting a new transmission in. And I'm at 175K and its doing it again. Just every once in a while though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raynor

Reaction score
Mine did it today. It better not be burnt clutches, I only have 34,XXX and I baby it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i had a issue once after switching tunes where it would seem like it just popped out of gear and hit neutral. i talked to Rudy's about it. they said reload the tune. did that and no problems ever since..

the reverse delay i have also but i blame that on shifting into reverse to fast before coming to a complete stop first.. if i stop then shift, no problems..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jmuck

Reaction score
I had an 11 that I bought with 88K on it. Started doing the same thing at 90K, traded for a new one shortly after and it was back in the dealer getting a trans a couple months later.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
i had a issue once after switching tunes where it would seem like it just popped out of gear and hit neutral. i talked to Rudy's about it. they said reload the tune. did that and no problems ever since..

the reverse delay i have also but i blame that on shifting into reverse to fast before coming to a complete stop first.. if i stop then shift, no problems..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Mine only started doing this right after a tune & ******. Only happens once in a blue moon. I will try making sure I'm completely stopped before shifting.

Also going to try & re-flash the tune & do the proper "learning" that I've been reading about on here as well.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
No luck with the re-flash. Doesn't do it a lot. When it does, a light tap on the accelerator gets it in gear.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
mine used to do it at 98K miles with PIP tunes. bought new tunes and did a trans re-learn and it never has since then which i thought was kinda weird?

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I got updated tune files & I haven't had it happen since then. Been about 10,000 miles.