SXE education request

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Although this is not related to SXE chargers, just chargers in general.

Have any of you guys tried a PTE (precision turbo engineering) turbo on your trucks?

Specifically 68/70 ball bearing charger, https://www.precisionturbo.net/Stre...t-and-Race-Turbocharger---GEN2-PT6870-CEA/578

They have excellent results on 6.0's, 6.4's and 6.7's.

Just thought i'd throw it out there and see, and don't mean to derail the thread.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Everything Is here. Exhaust housing didn't come with the hardware
273b8163bb93ba981b43e1cb1626b462.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
No took two weeks to get the mount from Carson. Best place to get the hardware to attach the turbine to the core?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Zeb

Reaction score
Contact who ever you got the super core from. All S300SXE supers are to come with the hardware to attach the turbine housing. I have used multiple S300SXE super cores and the hardware has always been with them.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
I was too excited. It was all in the bottom of the box ������

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Everything is here finally. Thought the whole CSD kit was stainless. Intake and intercooler pipe deff looks aluminized. Uppipes are a beaut

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Whatever you do, route the down pipe up BEFORE you mount the turbo to the pedestal.

Do the up pipes, then run the down pipe. Then I dont care what order you do it, but do those two steps in that order and your life will be much happier.

LakeBum

Reaction score
Whatever you do, route the down pipe up BEFORE you mount the turbo to the pedestal.

Do the up pipes, then run the down pipe. Then I dont care what order you do it, but do those two steps in that order and your life will be much happier.

Having done 5 installs with Carson's kit, I've found that its easiest to put the up pipes in first and position them to the drive side and lift the passenger side up. This gives all the room in the world for the down pipe to go in.

Then bolts the up pipes in, turbo etc and you are home free.

Some say they can get the DP in after the up pipes are bolted in but I could not.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Could be an auto vs manual thing. (Mine being a manual tranny) I didn't have to unbolt my up pipes, but I did have to pull the turbo back off the pedestal after I tried everything I could to get the down pipe up there. It was so close lol.

LakeBum

Reaction score
Could be an auto vs manual thing. (Mine being a manual tranny) I didn't have to unbolt my up pipes, but I did have to pull the turbo back off the pedestal after I tried everything I could to get the down pipe up there. It was so close lol.

Good point on Manual vs Auto. All the times I mention above were with an auto transmission.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Anyone have a good position to clock the turbo to outside of the truck? These exhaust housing bolts stay tight without a lock washer and such? I asked Diane to see if he could retain the stock CCV but the intake doesn’t have it. A 3.5-4 inch adaptor came for the exhaust but no clamp. Gotta get this sucker in but I’m busy for at least the next week

Latest posts

Members online