Tow mirrors for OBS'S?

OBS>SD

Reaction score
Those chevy mirrors are tempting... I just dont wanna do the whole weld paint thing. How much money do you have in them?

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I bought my dodge mirrors online for around 200 with power, those chevy mirrors have to be cheaper than that. They look good but no GM products on my truck for me.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
but to blend it you really got to know what yor doing... when you paint a hood there is no blending becasue it has a body line... blending takes alot of time

redneckabbott

Reaction score
Loving the chevy mirrors! Dodge mirrors are nice but come on, unless you leave them flipped out, you can't see out the pass. side. Do you have to have make the mounting plate or are these the stock GM plates?

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'd still like to see some mounting pics of either the Chevy mirrors or the dodge mirrors. Like how you get the nuts on the backside of the mirror mounting studs, etc.

I personally think the dodge mirrors flipped out on a SRW truck look just like they do on the dodges. But the look really good on the DRW, dodge or OBS. The Chevy mirrors look pretty good as well, but don't know how well they flow with the OBS lines. Look a little too bulky but could be wrong. They also look like they take a larger mounting plate and create more of a blindspot than the dodge mount. Like I said, more (pre-finished) pics would help alot of people's questions.

If I had the money to pickup some dodge mirrors and had a set of doors to build the mounts on, then I'd get specs to everyone as well as some subtle changes to the mounting plate to better flow with the door lines.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
so i have my tow mirrors and bought them with power, I will be wiring the power option in. The only question I have it the metal where the bolts are sticks out quite a bit, how did you guys get them to mount flush? grind it down??

Attachments

• IMG_0541[1].JPG
    IMG_0541[1].JPG
    76 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
I don't have a lot to add as far as the aftermarket stuff goes. I do have a set of mirrors with a pair of sliders installed that lets the factory mirrors slide out about another 4" or so. I didn't like fiddling with them, but never saw the need for them either. If anyone is interested I'll dig them out of the barn and post pictures.

glovemeister

Reaction score
I tried an 05 mirror way too big. Found a 94-01 manual on the shelf and it looks like it was designed to fit our trucks lol.

lilstroker7.3

Reaction score
ah i am so tempted on doing either the chevy or the dodge. not sure which one though. kinda tied between the two. how hard is it to make that bracket and weld it on? and all you guys who did these.. your wing window still works good?

Latest posts

Members online