Motor Mounts

noslofivoh

Reaction score
Anyone replaced their motor mounts yet? According to the shop manual, it is a 10.5 hour job. It states to remove the radiator, fan, stator, and fan shroud and then raise the engine, swap mounts and reassemble. This seems awful extreme but I am not sure. Can you not raise the engine enough without the renoval of all the other parts? Can you actually remove the fan, shroud and stator without radiator removal, this seems like it would be possible but not sure. Havent really had to do too much work to my 6.7 to this point but did notice that my left mount is busted. Just looking for advice before I get too deep and/or pay someone to do the job because it is too time consuming or better to do with a lift.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Anyone replaced their motor mounts yet? According to the shop manual, it is a 10.5 hour job. It states to remove the radiator, fan, stator, and fan shroud and then raise the engine, swap mounts and reassemble. This seems awful extreme but I am not sure. Can you not raise the engine enough without the renoval of all the other parts? Can you actually remove the fan, shroud and stator without radiator removal, this seems like it would be possible but not sure. Havent really had to do too much work to my 6.7 to this point but did notice that my left mount is busted. Just looking for advice before I get too deep and/or pay someone to do the job because it is too time consuming or better to do with a lift.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If you pull the plastic intake off the top of the engine there might be room to get a picker and raise it some. You can easily pull the fan shroud, fan, and stator without pulling the rad, although it probably won’t get you much more access unless you’re standing on your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.