40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

JakesDiesel

Reaction score
my last ditch effort may be to try a Kelderman air suspension and 4 link replacement for the rear leaf springs.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
I don't think its a suspension related issue, pretty sure its a system mass and stiffness issue, i.e. its the natural frequency of the truck. And the only way to change it is to modify either mass or stiffness. Hence the damper contraption install, changes the response of the truck by using a mass to counteract the vibration.

f(nat freq)=(1/2*pi)*(sqroot(m(mass)/k(stiffness)))

Jomax

Reaction score
The new f450s have 4 big rubber balancers, two next to the hitch and two under the cab. Maybe it's fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakesDiesel

Reaction score
Well the damper they added to my F350 DRW didn't do anything to resolve the issue.. And actually may have made it worse!

Truckin'

Reaction score
FYI - I have a Ford Bumper to Bumper (not) extended warranty and they would not cover the dampner listed in this blog. I have been battling with Ford on this and finally they are agreeing to fix it for $250. The cost is usually over $1000. If everyone hits Ford on this and pings the NTSB they may call it a recall. So everyone who has this issue should chime in.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
When people are discussing two complaints as one......yea......Half of them talking about a driveshaft issue, the other half a suspension issue.

Pick one, and it's not hard......my comment applies.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
When people are discussing two complaints as one......yea......Half of them talking about a driveshaft issue, the other half a suspension issue.

Pick one, and it's not hard......my comment applies.
Its more than likely a tire issue and straying away from factory size tires and air pressure ratings..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online