Let's talk CNC plasma tables

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a table, I'd like to be in the 4'x4' or 4'x8' range and like to set a price limit of around $8k. I've heard different things about stepper motors or not and trying to decide which one you want online can make you dizzy. Does anyone have real world experience and with which brand and type of setup?

psduser1

Reaction score
We bought a used plasmacam setup, and it works, but as an older model, the software is awkward to use. Cuts well, just a pain to draw random shapes for scale.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I got all excited and was about comment on this until I saw you were looking at small ones...oops.

Our business has 2 - 12' x 30' five axis tables

Carry on lol

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I have a homebuilt 5x10 table. I love that thing. I have about 5k invested in it. I cut stuff all the time for friend and family and friend of friends. Draw it in solid works or inventor export cuts boom done weld it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
I got all excited and was about comment on this until I saw you were looking at small ones...oops.

Our business has 2 - 12' x 30' five axis tables

Carry on lol
Lol, I'm working at a small mom and pop shop right now, and his first foray into anything besides hand cutting.
Both Lincoln and Miller have nice packages with various levels of options, depending on the money you want to spend.
Not sure you want cut, might be worth looking at water jets, if you've got the coin!

Black AOD

Reaction score
Lol, I'm working at a small mom and pop shop right now, and his first foray into anything besides hand cutting.
Both Lincoln and Miller have nice packages with various levels of options, depending on the money you want to spend.
Not sure you want cut, might be worth looking at water jets, if you've got the coin!
We considered water jets but for what we do it's not needed. We dont need to be that precise

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk