Valve bridges

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Late night in the shop (few beers later) the ds bridges were pulled without notice of orientation. Caught myself on ps and marked those so my question is, does the oval matter weather it’s intake or exhaust? Quick search shows circle towards intake but orientation doesn’t specifically matter? All new rockers, bridges & push rods being replaced.

Also torque on rockers, without turning over motor will the torque specs on rockers be off since it’s not torqued specially on that valve stroke orientation? TIA

Sixfoh

Reaction score
I found nothing in the ford manual about the orientation of the 6.4 valve bridges. Actually when I took apart the stock motor they were in ever which direction. Some intakes/exhausts had the oval toward the center some had the oval facing outwards. When I put in my Manton valve bridges I did make sure they all went in the same direction though. Believe I did oval out. As for torque procedure on the rockers. It is very specific on which you torque depending on which one is firing. Otherwise you risk bending a rod I believe. Although billet rods probably wont bend Im a guy who does it by the book.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I found nothing in the ford manual about the orientation of the 6.4 valve bridges. Actually when I took apart the stock motor they were in ever which direction. Some intakes/exhausts had the oval toward the center some had the oval facing outwards. When I put in my Manton valve bridges I did make sure they all went in the same direction though. Believe I did oval out. As for torque procedure on the rockers. It is very specific on which you torque depending on which one is firing. Otherwise you risk bending a rod I believe. Although billet rods probably wont bend Im a guy who does it by the book.

Thanks for your time. I seen a YouTube video on sequence but had to ask as I figured it had a purpose. I don’t believe in short cuts so off front coolers come and out come injectors to bar her over.

Sixfoh

Reaction score
No problem. Ive got the full ford service manuals for 6.4's. So if you want any torques or info please feel free to me. Maybe exchanges numbers and I can send you over pictures of whatever page you need from the books. Just got done with my build and started her today. What an amazing feeling. Might i suggest to you popping out the glow plugs to relieve compression. I know the injectors have one time use crush washers on the bottom. But dont think the glow plugs do.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
No problem. Ive got the full ford service manuals for 6.4's. So if you want any torques or info please feel free to me. Maybe exchanges numbers and I can send you over pictures of whatever page you need from the books. Just got done with my build and started her today. What an amazing feeling. Might i suggest to you popping out the glow plugs to relieve compression. I know the injectors have one time use crush washers on the bottom. But dont think the glow plugs do.

Appreciate your hand to help again. I’ve got a dvd workshop manual so I’ve got access to somethings but I’m just a weekend wrencher so it’s just a hobby. I Didn’t know if the glow plugs out would help me but did know about injectors and have that rebuild kit but don’t wanna pull those if I don’t have to. Thanks

MS1

Reaction score
Little late here but, from what I've read and watched the orientation of the rocker valve bridges does not matter - I chose to orient all of the circular holes towards the center of the engine and the ovals 'out' (or "down", given the angle).