TSD MPD 1.6 Tow Tune

Hottrod81

Reaction score
Who has towed heavy ($15K) with this tune. I am hesitant to tow this heavy with it as I saw over 1400 EGTS on a WOT run without a trailer. TSD says it is fine to tow maximum loads, but my other tow tunes won't come close to those EGTS WOT.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
I thought about it but every time I tow, it's through the foothills with not a lot of turn outs should it get warm. This is why I am looking for some feedback. I have pulled 8K with it and had no problems.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
Ive towed over 15k with a php 80 tune without egt problems with a powermax that sucks for towing. I would try the tune.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive got a 38ft fifth wheel toy hauler, that fully loaded probably weighs in around 15-16k. I have towed multiple times on that tune with stage 2 and 3 (64 and 68mm) turbos and 190/30 and 205/30s and had really decent luck with it. Some of the steeper longe hills would make it start to heat up, but that was mostly due to getting under the turbo. I had o/d locked out with the tow haul button. Quick push of that brought rpms up and it would cool down to 11-1200 degrees usually. These hills are about 3-5 miles long and around 7% if that helps any...
I have yet to tow on the compounds, but this will be my go to tow tune.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
This is exactly the info I wanted to hear. I am definitely going to give it a go. Thanks.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
I have tried this tune on flat ground towing my toy hauler. Temps all seem to stay in check. One think I noticed is that I can 1450 egts if I really put my foot in it. But if I just tow normally, I don’t think they are any different than stock. Now going up CA grades may be a different story.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea how he makes this tune so much more powerful feeling than a ******** or idp tune?

Hottrod81

Reaction score
Just an update. I towed my 15k toy hauler with this tune up some big grades and it worked flawlessly. Could hold 55 and not see over 1200 egts. Now if I really pushed it that was a different story. The only thing I worry about with this tune is cylinder pressures.

Latest posts

Members online