Dual IPR block. Need help

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Looks like Gates Megatech 3000 hose is the one to get. But where to get it?

dsberman94

Reaction score
I’m sure he has hard lines but I asked him about making me some HPO hard lines a little while back and he steered me away from it stating the ends will eventually crack. I bought his HPO and HPX lines after that. I don’t remember but It says in the website what they’re rated at which is well over what we require for this application.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I can’t find him on the members list so you’ll have to get a link for me.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I got the website. I don’t see why I can’t use their Super dooper replacement kit for my needs. Still not sure where to put the bleed off line. My HPOP access bolt cover that came from Dyno proven has an access plug I could maybe use.

Calico5

Reaction score
Do I just solder on another IPR pigtail on the stock wires?
IIRC, the IPR valves must be wired in series, not parallel.

DUAL_IPR_WIRING.jpg

Strokersace

Reaction score
I had lines made local for my old BTS dual hpop. Aeroquip I believe. Based my research off of CNC’s lines he sells. Rated for both pressure and temperature higher than needed. They were blue. Don’t remember the model though.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Current draw will be doubled if wired in parallel. The PWM drive circuit probably can't handle this. IPR will max out well before max output voltage is applied. The IPR's should perform fine even when max delivered voltage is halved by wiring them in series. This is just a theory. You potentially recover lost resolution too by doing it this way as the voltage range required to open the IPR's doubles. You will need this because the effective cv doubles by going to two valves.

To summarize, I think it's a current draw and resolution thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online