Tuning / Intake mileage

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Well i have an s&b intake and Patriot tuning.. since the last tune update i noticed a slight drop in mileage outside of my normal winter drop.
I am wondering if putting the factory air box may improve mileage since i am only running a near stock power tune. Maybe im just crazy but im going to try.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
This i know. That’s why i said, “outside of my normal winter drop”. Haha
What i noticed seems to be a decrease beyond just colder weather and winter fuel. It started around the time i updated my patriot tunes.

ckrueg

Reaction score
The timing is bumped up slightly across the board on their higher power tunes. This helps increase the mpg slightly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Guys, i have not changed the power level. Simply updated to the latest software which enabled the use of the exhaust brake.
I have run the 450hp tunes since i ******d this in November of 16’.
Last March i was easily getting 18-19mpg freeway around 40 degree temps. That was on the same tune. Just without exhaust brake function ability.
Im gonna put the factory air box in and see if anything changes.
Only other thought i had was that some oil from the s&b may have gotten on the maf. Ill check that out too.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Did you change transmission files? I have gotten pretty much the same mpg on all their revisions

ckrueg

Reaction score
Well they offer enhanced versions and raises shift points. Those will effect it some.

ckrueg

Reaction score
My mpg had been pretty consistent around 18 average since the first versions

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Well, with work i dont get to drive my personal truck much. I cannot say that the oem intake made a windfall of change i do see slightly better mileage once the engine is warmed up and under lighter load.
Either way i will have to start trying some other tunes. I still have the n-gauge so i do not yet have OST.
I woulf prefer to stay with tunes with more conserative timming if possible.

Latest posts

Members online