NHRDA Texas Diesel Nationals Cookout Thread 2016

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
I just want everyone to know that i am starting the prep process for these 2 events earlier this year. I plan to provide an even better beef selection at dinner and work on getting more sides for everyone to snack on at the track as well. I think I have slacked (maybe not a good term for what im trying to say) a little bit since i first really got this thing going. SO that being said, I want to try and make the cookout better. I will do my best to make it better each year. For those of you who know me, you know that i do not like anyone to go without being fed (Even if it has to come out of my own pocket) I would like to ask everyone to PLEASE, ask around at let people know about the cookout. If there is anyone you can think of that might want to partake that you feel is a good fit. EVERYONE IS WELCOME! Remember....the more people the more i pour into it.

NOW ON WITH IT.....

You know the drill people....

I take payment through PayPal only. I will not be taking any funds at the track. This is setup to have a good time. If you have never eaten a meal at the track/hotel with me before ask around. This isnt a scam or to make money. The payments and donations put in is what you get out. I am PUMPED for this years FINALS at ennis.

I am gonna be at Ennis for the Spring event and look forward to seeing everyone there. This is the place if your interested in the cookout. It will be the same prices as always. $20 a person for one meal (Track OR Hotel) or 35$ per person for both meals (Track and Hotel). The Menu is pretty much as it has been now for 7 or so years. For those of you who didnt get the menu i cooked last time here is the current one.....

Keep in mind the cookout is only as big as who signs up. We usually have a pretty good turnout at both events in Ennis. If you need to contact me do so through email provided below or through facebook (Chris McAnally). I look forward to seeing everyone at the spring event this year.

The email for the PayPal account is [email protected]

THE CLOSE PAYMENT DUE DATE IS APRIL THE 9th 2016!!!!

MENU SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!!

TRACK MENU: LUNCH (Will be cooking all day and food will start being ready around 11-12ish and run till 5ish or whenever we run out of food for lunch)

1) Pork tenderloin stuffed with pepperjack cheese (some with colby) and Rasberry chipotle BBQ sauce.

2) Jalepeno Poppers. (Chicken Breast chunk with sweet cream cheese on a half of a jalepeno wrapped in bacon).

3) Burgers (Home grown clean Beef)

4) Some other smaller things. ( Home made pickles and Potato salad etc etc)

HOTEL MENU: (Start the pit around 6 and run till.........well....until it runs out)

1) More than likely Steaks (depends on how many people we get to sign up....thats right you guessed it McAnally Home grown clean beef) Will consist of Sirloin, T-Bone's, NY strips, and Ribeye's.

2) Alternate main course (Chicken, pork chops, and jalepeno cheese sausage or keilbasa.)

3) Mexican Mac & Cheese

4) Leftover Poppers- etc. All thats leftover from track.

I do ribs and brisket and other things as well. Keep in mind, this depends on how many people we get. Usually I do it anyway.

MENU SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE SET THE CLOSE PAYMENT DUE DATE IS APRIL 9th 2016!!!!

Last edited:

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
Here are some of the things that have been at the cookout in the past. I dont have a good picture of the pork tenderloin with the sauce. (The sauce is located in pictures below)

Ribeyes.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

received_10154041322615353.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

received_10154041324625353.jpg

received_10154041322485353.jpg

received_10154041322495353.jpg

Mexican%20Mac%20and%20Cheese%20Dorian%20Mac.jpg

IMG_20150510_175955.jpg

IMG_20160224_094010.jpg

IMG_20160224_093849.jpg

IMG_20150510_175713.jpg

Cobbler.jpg

Brisket.jpg

FB_IMG_1440957333121.jpg

FB_IMG_1431212419292.jpg

FB_IMG_1428605285675.jpg

Last edited:

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
Yea I would like to. Just dunno how hard it would be to get in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
So the cookout is for the event this spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
So 35$ for a total of four meals?? (Two events)

Negative. This is for the spring event only. I post bi-annually for the events.

This is directed only at the Spring event on April 15 and 16. The cookout is on the main raceday. ( SATURDAY )

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
To clarify even more. The information in the OP is directed for the event on April 15-16.

And i always cook at Quality Inn in Ennis, Texas. The reason behind this is I have yet to look into other opportunities for places that can accommodate my rig and allow us a good place to hang out, drink ALOT, and not be in trouble with the law (considering we have the best "watch" officers we could ask for) on our shenanigans. I have extended my stay at Quality by saying i would like the same room every year for both events for the same 2 days every year until I say otherwise. This will help to keep from having issues with getting a room or being double booked.....like this one time I had a few years back....

Last edited:

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
Can i please get a STICKY on this post and an UNSTICKY of the 2015 post please from a Mod.

Thanks in advance!

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
So 35$ for a total of four meals?? (Two events)

I just meant he cooks at both events in Ennis, there will be another thread just like this for finals
Negative. This is for the spring event only. I post bi-annually for the events.

This is directed only at the Spring event on April 15 and 16. The cookout is on the main raceday. ( SATURDAY )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
So I have been thinking about all the people who have came to the cookout in the years past and first off I want to say THANK YOU! To each and everyone who has ever decided to come and join a cookout. I will say. I feel it has provided me with good times I will never forget. Secondly, i have been wondering what else I could do to make it more interactive. Maybe make some corn hole boards where we can play at the hotel and at the event? I for sure plan on getting a LARGE bluetooth setup for at the cooker so we can at least listen to music.

f350guy

Reaction score
Neat, I did not know you guys did this. I have been out there each spring and fall the past three years. Perhaps I should read around more on this forum.

I am going to PM you, mallardslayer07, ask a few questions. Unless I should just ask here?

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
Neat, I did not know you guys did this. I have been out there each spring and fall the past three years. Perhaps I should read around more on this forum.

I am going to PM you, mallardslayer07, ask a few questions. Unless I should just ask here?

Matters not to me where you ask me!

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
Also if anyone has any old cookout pictures. Please post em up. Its nice to kind of seen how it started to now. I know there are some old pictures hanging out somewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.