WOT shift points

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I know it seems stupid but I'm trying to get my truck to shift at 3600 rpm and can't make it happen all of the wot shift points are set to 3750 but I'm still shifting at 3000-3100

Do I need to raise the actual up shift/ down shift table at the wot to reflect a high number so it will follow the wot table? On my 6.4 this was a non issue. Set it and it would follow it

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I'm just curious, especially since I just had a buddy ask me if I could up the shift points. What would be the benefit of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
you can, and most of them short shift too much, peak power is above 3000 rpm but my truck is shifting at 3100 and going down to 2500 ish rpm

Dzchey21

Reaction score
watched it from my phone, yours shifts where mine does, I think esp with a non VGT single you would want more then that.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
That's what my buddy was saying. The "especially since you have a non VGT" I'm a noob with this. My first non VGT truck so I'm just assuming the shift points are set there for a certain reason. But then I saw this thread today and then my buddy brought it up on a local Facebook page.

Azraie218

Reaction score
there is some rev limiters in the ECM files that will also need to be changed.... what other tables have you changed trying to get it to shift higher at WOT? i have accomplished this iin some trans files i built.... i dont have them here right now as im at work but when i get home i can look through and let you know what i did

Azraie218

Reaction score
did you adjust the "engine RPM limitation map"?? if you havnt you will need to... as your shift points are above what the ECM will allow... also try raising " output shaft speed above which engine RPM limited" that could also be holding you out..... those are the only things that i can think of that will be holding you out... i had mine working up to 3500 no probem... but wasnt happy with it that high!

Azraie218

Reaction score
also the TCM tuning on the 6.7s are so so complicatred.... the 6.4 was far more simple.... it had what you needed and nothing more ha ha, oh off topic... hows that 4.2 pump work?? what did you find were your max durations you could run before you started losing rail??

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Since I have never seen the program might not matter but do you have a table that states min or Max RPM for shift?
When I was tuning, there was a table that had to be changed also.
Say you wanted WOT shift RPM to what you want, 3600 but the other table had 3100, it would shift at 3100.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
did you adjust the "engine RPM limitation map"?? if you havnt you will need to... as your shift points are above what the ECM will allow... also try raising " output shaft speed above which engine RPM limited" that could also be holding you out..... those are the only things that i can think of that will be holding you out... i had mine working up to 3500 no probem... but wasnt happy with it that high!

Yeah I think its set pretty high but I will double check.

also the TCM tuning on the 6.7s are so so complicatred.... the 6.4 was far more simple.... it had what you needed and nothing more ha ha, oh off topic... hows that 4.2 pump work?? what did you find were your max durations you could run before you started losing rail??

Yeah 6.4s were easy, just change the WOT shift point table and boom you were there.

Pump works good, I put it on the dyno and with stock injectors I was able to run up to 2000us on the PW but the truck stopped making power after 1700 so I only run a 1700us tune in the highest setting. I have about 15000 miles on it right now and its been a good pump.
Since I have never seen the program might not matter but do you have a table that states min or Max RPM for shift?
When I was tuning, there was a table that had to be changed also.
Say you wanted WOT shift RPM to what you want, 3600 but the other table had 3100, it would shift at 3100.

Yeah there are WOT shift points for all gears, and then there is also a table that stats "max RPM to force shift" that is set to 4300

tbsimmons

Reaction score
That's the table I was asking about.
Whats the stock number for that table?
Wonder if you are outside the range so it is defaulting to something else.

Azraie218

Reaction score
I'm just thinking what might be stoping you..... Seem you have adjusted all the limiters and settings... There really isn't any reason why it wouldn't revv that high

rt-hemiboy

Reaction score
What year is the truck in the video that boost gauge is hitting max looks like and im guessing is ****** and tuned rite??

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm just thinking what might be stoping you..... Seem you have adjusted all the limiters and settings... There really isn't any reason why it wouldn't revv that high

Yeah I agree, that's why I am stumped, I will look over the limiters, and maybe I missed something in the engine tune??? I am not sure at this point, I am taking a weekend to go to the lake so I will work on this again next week.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
What year is the truck in the video that boost gauge is hitting max looks like and im guessing is ****** and tuned rite??

If you're referring to the video I posted, it's a 2011, S367.7 non VGT turbo.

Azraie218

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, that's why I am stumped, I will look over the limiters, and maybe I missed something in the engine tune??? I am not sure at this point, I am taking a weekend to go to the lake so I will work on this again next week.

hey man have you had any more luck with your tuning??

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Have you raised the MPH in the normal schedules at WOT? Most 6.7 strategies will shift at whichever is set earlier (RPM or MPH)

Latest posts

Members online