Sump Special

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
We are running a special on our remaining inventory of fuel sumps. They're all black anodized finish (i might have a few raw aluminum ones left)

We are selling these for $100 with free shipping for forum members while supplies last. Send me or Jason a message or call the shop to order.

(706) 841-2496

We offer optional outlet fittings in
-6 AN, -8, AN and -8 pushlock.

2qa4xf4.jpg

thuglike

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken there is only 1 spot on the tank any sump can be installed.

The flat spot in the middle (pretty much directly below the factory pick up)

In any case, you need at least a 3" area. That's what you drill with a hole saw.

Last edited:

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
We are running a special on our remaining inventory of fuel sumps. They're all black anodized finish (i might have a few raw aluminum ones left)

We are selling these for $100 with free shipping for forum members while supplies last. Send me or Jason a message or call the shop to order.

(706) 841-2496

We offer optional outlet fittings in
-6 AN, -8, AN and -8 pushlock.

2qa4xf4.jpg

Also I am out of -8 pushlock fittings now. I can either send it with an AN fitting or without a fitting. The sump takes a 3/8 npt fitting.

Strokersace

Reaction score
You just need a 3" hole saw, so you basically need a 4" diameter, but I would suggest finding the lowest possible point.

I'd be installing on an OBS rear tank. The only flat spot on the bottom is approx. 4". I'll have to measure to be sure.

Also, the npt is 3/8" and not 1/2"?

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
I'd be installing on an OBS rear tank. The only flat spot on the bottom is approx. 4". I'll have to measure to be sure.

Also, the npt is 3/8" and not 1/2"?

Yes, 1/2 npt would be way too large. NPT sizes are a lot larger than regular
tap sizes. We use 3/8NPT because it is a common pipe tap size for a variety
of different outlet fittings.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Is it stupid idea to use the OBS selector valve for DD to use both tanks then T in a line with valves to a sump for high fuel needs?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Is it stupid idea to use the OBS selector valve for DD to use both tanks then T in a line with valves to a sump for high fuel needs?

If I were to do a performance fuel system in an OBS, the fuel selector valve would go byby... Two sumps, one double tapped just like all the semi trucks I have ever driven...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have my 110 gal tank gravity feeding my main tank... no overflow...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes, 1/2 npt would be way too large. NPT sizes are a lot larger than regular
tap sizes. We use 3/8NPT because it is a common pipe tap size for a variety
of different outlet fittings.

3/8npt is only 1/4" I nside diameter..... if its a machined part, why not just make it at least 8an if not 10an? And if it needs to be npt make it 1/2 npt? Shouldnt be any different to drill and tap 1/2npt then 3/8npt.

If I were to do a performance fuel system in an OBS, the fuel selector valve would go byby... Two sumps, one double tapped just like all the semi trucks I have ever driven...
Yep, been done for many many years.. easy peasy
live life full throttle

HOOV3R

Reaction score
3/8npt is only 1/4" I nside diameter..... if its a machined part, why not just make it at least 8an if not 10an? And if it needs to be npt make it 1/2 npt? Shouldnt be any different to drill and tap 1/2npt then 3/8npt.

Yep, been done for many many years.. easy peasy
live life full throttle

What? 3/8s NPT has a 3/8 ID. 3/8s NPT is comparable to -8.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
live life full throttle

SCRATCH ALL THAT

What? 3/8s NPT has a 3/8 ID. 3/8s NPT is comparable to -8.

Your right.. I had a brain fart. I was thinking hose barb.. 3/8 hose barb are only 1/4" inside and 1/2" hose barb is 3/8 inside... carry on. Dont mind me in the corner with the dunce cap on!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.