CTC's first 6oh....

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
After 7 years of making them my bread and butter I finally came across one I couldn't pass up. Many of you probably seen my tech thread, well the purchase was finalized and I'm eager to get her ripped apart.

Basically a good customers truck. Month ago he came to me for some injector work. He said he wanted to keep the truck for a few more years so he wanted nothing but the best of injector. So I tossed a complete set of premiums in and off he went. Month later he shows up and there is just this ever so slight ticking sound. So undistinguished I almost said to ride it out. But as the engine got hotter it was more pronounced. I pulled the oil plug and cut oil filter open and found what I believe is lifter material. He decided not to fix it and I made an offer.

IVu8Wvel.jpg

Hqo0yrol.jpg

04 196k 4x4 auto. Plans are to get the motor out the front and see what kind of damage we have. I'm expecting one failed lifter but ok cam. Heads have never been off but he didn't have pressure so I might just clean them up and stud it. We'll see when it's apart, might do HPOP as well.

After she's up and running I want to look into a ZF6 swap.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I've got the parts to zf swap if you go that route and I'm sure you meant you'd take the heads to get them magd, decked, pressure checked?

Who's injectors were they?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I've got the parts to zf swap if you go that route and I'm sure you meant you'd take the heads to get them magd, decked, pressure checked?

Who's injectors were they?

Sweeet. I will let you know.

Not too sure on sending the heads out yet. Like I said there was no pressure problems. It will all depend on how they clean up:thumbsup:

Our 'premium' injectors are Pure Power.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Gahh..i've been looking for a SCLB 6.0 for a while now. Nice truck! :popcorn:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Nice truck. I am kinda surprised to see you connected to a 6.0, what made you decide to give it a go?

I have always wanted one. I love them. It's finally my turn to take a swing at it, I couldn't pass this deal up.

Being in the area it's whole life it does have surface rust, but corners and door bottoms are solid!

Progress is as expected slow, but I am swapped at the shop.

Mdub707

Reaction score
the super cab long beds are usually super cheap because it's the least desirable cab/bed configuration :p

I was confused by this statement too... it's a RC truck he bought LOL. SC = supercab (extended cab)

Looks really clean for the miles! I'm also voting to stick with the 5R110. 6.0's are such turds with a manual trans.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
the super cab long beds are usually super cheap because it's the least desirable cab/bed configuration :p

I was confused by this statement too... it's a RC truck he bought LOL. SC = supercab (extended cab)

Looks really clean for the miles! I'm also voting to stick with the 5R110. 6.0's are such turds with a manual trans.

Been hanging around dmax guy's for too long, well, maybe just the guy's here too long. They use the acronym SCLB for "Single Cab Long Bed" instead of RCLB when doing tune orders. LOL Sorry for the derail, carry on.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Put about 25 mins into it today. Got all coolers, fan, ficm, turbo off.... Figure a hour a day between breaks and little bit after work and I'll have motor out for weekend

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.