E4OD Transmission Upgrades

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I bought a 97 F350 CCLB 2WD, its got a set of 160/stock injectors and had an e99 turbo setup on it when I bought it, just the turbo, no intercooler.

I've never really messed with transmissions much let alone an E4OD, what all can I do to it besides pull it and build to to make it last longer with the extra hp. Accumulator, valve body and TQ converter upgrades?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I bought a 97 F350 CCLB 2WD, its got a set of 160/stock injectors and had an e99 turbo setup on it when I bought it, just the turbo, no intercooler.

I've never really messed with transmissions much let alone an E4OD, what all can I do to it besides pull it and build to to make it last longer with the extra hp. Accumulator, valve body and TQ converter upgrades?
thought you hated 7.3s?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Michael

Reaction score
I've got a 2WD dually, when the original trans failed at around 223k, I replaced it with a factory "heavy duty" rebuilt unit (supposed to be for ambulances, etc). I added a basic valve body kit (bought from Tymar Performance, consisted of a bunch of Sonnax parts and instructions). Later when I added Baby Swamps injectors and custom tunes I started to overpower the lockup converter clutch, so I swapped in a billet dual disc converter. The whole mess is still going strong at 335k miles despite towing ~23k regularly in hilly terrain, then unhooking and drag racing it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've got a 2WD dually, when the original trans failed at around 223k, I replaced it with a factory "heavy duty" rebuilt unit (supposed to be for ambulances, etc). I added a basic valve body kit (bought from Tymar Performance, consisted of a bunch of Sonnax parts and instructions). Later when I added Baby Swamps injectors and custom tunes I started to overpower the lockup converter clutch, so I swapped in a billet dual disc converter. The whole mess is still going strong at 335k miles despite towing ~23k regularly in hilly terrain, then unhooking and drag racing it.
sweet..

a isspro man I see!

live life full throttle

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing all the pump mods and everything on it and the sonnax shift kit and a billet triple disc and seeing how the ol girl holds up. I may end up throwing 99-04 axles underneath it converting it to 4x4 since i have a parts pickup and converting to a 4R

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing all the pump mods and everything on it and the sonnax shift kit and a billet triple disc and seeing how the ol girl holds up. I may end up throwing 99-04 axles underneath it converting it to 4x4 since i have a parts pickup and converting to a 4R
nice!!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.