• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

FS 2002 VW JETTA TDI PROJECT

little luke

Reaction score
I'm putting my Jetta project up for sale. I'm at work doing this off of memory, so ill add more details when I get home.
The car is a 2002 Jetta sedan tdi with an alh. Automatic transmission. Red with black cloth interior. I bought it from a friend, few miles later the timing belt broke. The head was shipped off to Franks tdi to be repaired and I purchased his performance cam.
Here's what's included:
*The 2002 jetta with the original motor and automatic transmission (clean title)
*the never installed head and performance cam from franks tdi
*all new hardware to install the head
*a complete rebuilt 2003 alh motor (minus the turbo) with less than 20k on it.
* all the parts to convert the car to a 5 speed manual
*never installed orange koni struts and shocks
*timing belt kit. I'll get more details on this later, it was the more complete kit

I'm located in Union County Kentucky. I can help load everything.
Asking $3500.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Price on the head, and what did he do to it? Good old frank. I sent him a set of injectors and brand new nozzles, and he said the brand new nozzles were bad, and wanted to sell me his preferred ones. Got a bad impression from the dude. Possibly shocks and struts, but think i want to go with a better brand. Considering my options, but my shocks/struts are GONE on mine.

little luke

Reaction score
Aight. I'm going to give it a few days to see if I can sell the whole lot. If I don't get any interest I'll come up with prices and pics on everything. I'll give you first shot on head and struts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
So when a timing belt breaks on these motors, is it catastrophic? What is the reason for having the other motor? Was the original one in the car trashed after the timing belt broke?

Last edited:

little luke

Reaction score
So when a timing belt breaks on these motors, is it catastrophic? What is the reason for having the other motor? Was the original one in the car trashed after the timing belt broke?

Sorry about the hold up, but it'll be this weekend before I can get pics or break down the prices. Work.

The head was damaged when the belt broke. I found the invoice from frank on what all was done to the head. I'll post I later. The short block and rotating assembly is fine. I was coasting down a hill when the belt broke. I used a dial indicator to checks he piston protrusion (I think that's the term) to tell what head gaskets I needed and if I had bent a rod. Everything checked out. The timing belt kits they make now a days are rated for 100k miles I believe.

As for the second motor, I had on my mind to make this car my go fast toy, but still wanted to be able to drive it, as I don't get a lot of time to play. So the plan was to build the spare motor, then just swap it in. It has actually has a little work done to it by the previous owner, I'll have to check. Off the top of my head I remember it being set up for a stage 3 cam and has apr head studs.

What has killed all of this for me is I have to drive a truck loaded with my tools everyday to work now 6 days a week, so I'd never be able to enjoy the car anyway. It's honestly a fun little car to drive (my friend owned it, I was always a DD)

little luke

Reaction score
Pics and prices IMG_1794.JPGIMG_1795.JPGIMG_1802.JPGIMG_1801.JPGView attachment 1

Attachments

• IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 72

little luke

Reaction score
Prices. Shipping is not included.

2002 Jetta I took pics of all the dents and ding on the outside. The inside just needs to be cleaned and the head liner is falling. Entire car minus the head. Clean title. $900

2002 alh head rebuilt by frank. The receipt is pictured above. $750 with the stage two cam. $600 without the cam.

Head hardware and 1 hole head gasket $65

Oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, and coolant $45

Rosstech vag com. This one can be used on multiple vins. $250

Chilton manual $10

Timing belt tools minus the stubby hex bit. If I find it, it will be included. $150

Timing belt kit. This includes extra options Iona's studs and bolts. I am missing one of the small rollers. If I find it it will be included. $250

5 speed conversion part. Minus clutch and flywheel. Also my pups chewed up a switch pictured below. May be able to use it. $750

Koni orange shock and struts never installed. $270

IMG_1813.JPG

Latest posts

Members online