Traction bars

6.4lStroker

Reaction score
I just received my Wicked Customs 3.5" premium leveling kit for my 2017 Platinum and I plan on mounting 37" Trail Grapplers on the stock wheels.

My question is, what are my traction bar options? Which would be the best to buy? I havent seen much, except for PMF.

Thanks in advance.

Black AOD

Reaction score
PMF and One Up Offroad both have kits. Both Vendors on here. Both are great. Both work. Everybody has their preference. Research them both and pick your poison.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
One Up Offroad is proud to be the ONLY company on the market that offers a direct bolt on universal option for ALL Single Rear Wheel 2017 trucks, and a universal kit for all Dual Rear Wheel 2017 trucks.

We are also the only company without any joints, rod ends, bearings, and offer a full adaptable bar that will work if you ever decide to lift or lower your truck.

Check out this section of the webstore and you can see them pictured on my 17 Shortbed truck.

2017 Trucks

All kits are in stock with same day shipping.

Jared

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
1a16375945c2ffe0e814bfb9f25e0b12.jpg
5e92593e10d01b7761efdca3d48642c5.jpg
6f6f12d68d132adbbaa33a4aec5ec19a.jpg

Here's a few pictures of the short gusset bars on my truck for reference

Jared

straggleweed

Reaction score
Jared,

I never put my OUO bars on my 13. Everything is still in the boxes in the garage. I am sure the front mounts are pretty much the same (just have to tap the holes in the boxed frame) but are the mounts for the axle the same for the 13 and the 17? The mounts I have go on the bottom of the axle and the U-bolts go through them.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Jared,

I never put my OUO bars on my 13. Everything is still in the boxes in the garage. I am sure the front mounts are pretty much the same (just have to tap the holes in the boxed frame) but are the mounts for the axle the same for the 13 and the 17? The mounts I have go on the bottom of the axle and the U-bolts go through them.

There's actually a few differences for the 2017 trucks.

We use a 101022 Under Frame Pivot Mount, versus the 101020 Beside The Frame Pivot Mount. There's a few big changes to the rear suspension on the 17+ trucks that pushed us to change this over.

Also, I normally recommend adding the boxed frame install kit, really streamlines thing, especially given how thin the boxed frames are, you don't have to fight tapping them and worry about it.

Finally, is your new truck a 250 or a 350? The axle bar mounts for the 17's are universal now to fit either axle, where as if you have a 350, the style for your 2013 truck wont fit around the larger diameter tube.

Jared

Latest posts

Members online