Performance Injector Install Video

BustedKnuckleFilms

Reaction score
Nice job on the video. I was thinking about installing single shots to my 02 but was concerned with the extra noise. Once you have gotten all the air out of the system did they quiet down a little? Also have you seen any improvement in your mileage?
Thanks

They are just a little louder at idle, the rest of the time you don't even notice. Mileage was a little better towing an enclosed trailer. I have yet to test out the economy tune driving around town or down the highway.

cbf9703

Reaction score
busted... knuckle... films...

totally not what I was expecting LOL
They have some decent off-road videos.
so no one jumps on him for "380hp injectors" ???

one of the better BKF videos I have watched.
Lol the 380 HP injectors got me too... I wasn't even going to look at the video based on that description and I'm a fan of the some of the Busted Knuckle off-road videos. 😂
honestly, it doesnt matter at this point. I only made it in about 3 mins before the use of a 32 tooth 1/2 in ratchet to turn valve cover bolts was used
Ever since I stepped up to nicer ratchets it definitely sticks out.
First thing I thought of too
Same here.
I only made it as far as the queer burnout.
I made it to there and skipped to the end.

OP, not sure if you or Casserly wrote out the tune card, but someone spelled Daily wrong. :lookaround:

Yea but bro, do you know how many bros can now change their own injectors.
But what bro wants to? that's what the dirty money is for...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
He should have known that this crowd doesn't pull any punches over here. Lol! I still think the video was actually well done despite some of the small issues with subpar tools, queer burnouts and spelling (lol!). One thing that bothered me was the fact that he didn't preclean the motor in the areas he was going to be working on. Dirt/grit is a killer. I really want to invest in some sort of steam cleaning device that would help with this. Then again, I always seem to see the good in everyone/everything. Lol!

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Any relation to the "bustedknuckles" on here already with a duramax that's faster than my powerstroke?
No sir 🙄 Nice video OP. I had to chuckle at your tool selection but like you said you dont do this for a living!
Edit: does it say that in my signature still? I cant see it on tapatalk.

Last edited:

ToMang07

Reaction score
No sir 🙄 Nice video OP. I had to chuckle at your tool selection but like you said you dont do this for a living!
Edit: does it say that in my signature still? I cant see it on tapatalk.

04 duramax 30% over injectors, 66/73/.90, head studs, trans, airdog, Idaho-Rob tunes, 20x10 BMF Novakanes, etc.

:thumbup:

TyCorr

Reaction score
They are just a little louder at idle, the rest of the time you don't even notice. Mileage was a little better towing an enclosed trailer. I have yet to test out the economy tune driving around town or down the highway.

Thats because the precum portion of the split-shot is there just for that reason. To quiet the sound of the main injection event.

bordo380

Reaction score
Hey forum I decided to jump in here and ask if something like this would work for my rig. I have a 2001-7.3 excursion. I want to do injectors. I have a "stock tune" I think TS 6Pos chip, S&B intake and just recently beefed up the Trans. 265K miles.
How big of an injector can I install with out having to send my TS off to get re-tuned.

Exhaust is still stock. Mufflers ******d but stock.
Thanks so much. It's my first diesel. :)

ncollins64

Reaction score
Your injectors are split shots and any bigger injector will probably be single shots. So the tuning needs to be changed to run the singles properly.

bordo380

Reaction score
If you are running "stock" TS chip tunes, you would benefit from getting a re-burn from a vendor anyway.

How do I get a re-burn? Do I mail it off?

I'm trying to decide what to do next?
Should I upgrade the exhaust? I've read leaving the stock DP is ok if you open to 4 after that.

I'm getting overboost codes so I'm in the market for a fooler.

Next should it be a 38R and some hybrid injectors?

Thank you. With so many options out there is hard to figure out where to go.

superpsd

Reaction score
I would sell that chip and buy a hydra chip. Much easier to receive tuning thru an email and download the tuning without removing the chip.

Latest posts

Members online