CCSB Fuel tank swap

CATDiezel

Reaction score
What would prevent me from installing a fuel tank from either a gas 2011-2015 f250 into my short bed?

Or a tank from a long bed f350?

Assuming my def tank is gone.

Trying to avoid a titan or TF.

Thanks.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
26 gallon. Useable is like 23ish most ive ever seen put in past E is 22 on most trucks

ghohouston

Reaction score
Interesting. Not too sure on the new trucks, but my 02 eclb had a 38 gallon tank. Is that what the new long bed trucks have as well?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Thats what mine is roughly. About 36-38.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken it'll fit right in. Strap points are in the same location. Fuel pump is in the same location And the tank goes forward towards the fuel filter I believe. If you have the def tank removed I would see why it wouldn't fit. That's one mod I've been wanting to do.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I asked the same question earlier, was told won't fit to the front. didn't think about gas tank not having def tank in rear. The mounting straps are in same spot. should work

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If someone could verify depth for sending unit inlet/outlet and location of sending unit I would gladly give it a try.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I can take some pics Saturday with tape measure streched out across the tabk under my truck. i am away from my truck until then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm in for this too. I don't really want a titan because of how low they hang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If nobody else responds with a solid answer I'll give it a try when I get time. Been meaning to get rid of the Def tank anyway.
def tank will hold around 6.7 gallon of fuel if you remove it and gut it out and use it as a spare fuel tank... i did that and ran a small fuel pump from it to the filler neck on the fuel tank. filling it is a pita but i only use it when i go on long trips.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.