Dumb azz not paying attention destroyed my truck

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Glad the mrs. is OK.

If you had the time, money, and energy, there is something to be said for buying the totaled truck back, stripping the goodies and parting out everything you can, then scrapping the rest. Is buyback still an option with most policies?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I spent the whole day taking care of wifey, please bear in mind I started at 8am. You guys got the 6pm show. She called me from the accident worried about the truck and being late for work, I told her in no uncertain terms forget the truck, let them take her to the hospital for checkout.

It was only after getting her taken care of, CT scans, spoke with her surgeon, and so on that we even discussed truck.

She was ready to brush it off and go on w/ her day, I was not.

6/8 hrs later I'm trying to deal w/ getting a car from the idiotic ins co that my dander got up. Then after hours of that nonsense I came on this truck forum and vented. Sorry if this disappointed you.

My later posts were after a few beers and I'd had a hell of a day, maybe not thinking as clearly as I should have.

I am VERY thankful that wifey seems OK for the most part. She's sore today and will likely be even more so tomorrow. And there is no way to predict if there's any long term damage at this point. I'm also very thankful that she was driving that monster of a truck which took what seems to be a massive hit and stayed under control. I can only imagine if dummy had swept the rear out (like the cops do) what could have happened. Or if I hadn't had the trailer hitch in the receiver and she'd gone completely under my truck. Picture a F350 tumbling down the road @ 70mph {shudder}.

Anyway, wifey will heal, truck will get repaired or replaced, Geico will still suck and my lawyer will make some money because Geico sucks, life will go on and the world will continue to spin.

I've got to get back on dealing with getting a reasonable rental, the turdvan they put her in is not what I would consider acceptable. I spent over an hour on it last night getting nowhere. Today Enterprise is telling me I must speak with the agent who rented us the car. He doesn't answer his phone either.:flush:

ToMang07

Reaction score
I spent the whole day taking care of wifey, please bear in mind I started at 8am. You guys got the 6pm show. She called me from the accident worried about the truck and being late for work, I told her in no uncertain terms forget the truck, let them take her to the hospital for checkout.

It was only after getting her taken care of, CT scans, spoke with her surgeon, and so on that we even discussed truck.

She was ready to brush it off and go on w/ her day, I was not.

6/8 hrs later I'm trying to deal w/ getting a car from the idiotic ins co that my dander got up. Then after hours of that nonsense I came on this truck forum and vented. Sorry if this disappointed you.

My later posts were after a few beers and I'd had a hell of a day, maybe not thinking as clearly as I should have.

I am VERY thankful that wifey seems OK for the most part. She's sore today and will likely be even more so tomorrow. And there is no way to predict if there's any long term damage at this point. I'm also very thankful that she was driving that monster of a truck which took what seems to be a massive hit and stayed under control. I can only imagine if dummy had swept the rear out (like the cops do) what could have happened. Or if I hadn't had the trailer hitch in the receiver and she'd gone completely under my truck. Picture a F350 tumbling down the road @ 70mph {shudder}.

Anyway, wifey will heal, truck will get repaired or replaced, Geico will still suck and my lawyer will make some money because Geico sucks, life will go on and the world will continue to spin.

I've got to get back on dealing with getting a reasonable rental, the turdvan they put her in is not what I would consider acceptable. I spent over an hour on it last night getting nowhere. Today Enterprise is telling me I must speak with the agent who rented us the car. He doesn't answer his phone either.:flush:

Glad she's alright, sorry to hear about the insurance company, albeit it's less than surprising.

Stories like this remind me why I'm ok paying more for fuel versus a smaller, more efficient car. Of course it also reminds me of all the close calls I've had on my bike, too.

Good luck man.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well it is a truck site...

So that exemplifies one from having a conscience!!

:shrug:

We're talking about an attempted manslaughter case here.... not a fender bender. That's if there wasn't a medical issue with the 100mph driver....

As far as a 16 model... just use Google. It still works and the pickings are slim. Any phone call or in person visit with a dealer and they can do anot inventory search.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
So that exemplifies one from having a conscience!!

:shrug:

We're talking about an attempted manslaughter case here.... not a fender bender. That's if there wasn't a medical issue with the 100mph driver....

As far as a 16 model... just use Google. It still works and the pickings are slim. Any phone call or in person visit with a dealer and they can do anot inventory search.

Easy tiger.

Last edited:

TLyons90

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your truck and hope your wife is ok and doing better! People around here do not know how to drive... Was this off 385?!

Atsah

Reaction score
Glad she is okay, the hell with truck, I almost had this happen to me last night on the turnpike, I saw him coming and luckily I was able to pound the SHO and get away from the dumbass..

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Glad to hear the spouse is doing better and hope for the future it stays that way. God knows no one wants anything from this to be long lasting issues. Wife/loved ones are always more important in these situations.

BTW dealer in Newport News has a left over '16 KR CCLB...says $61k...one of three '16s they got left.

Shef

Reaction score
Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, FL has a 16 Platinum and a 16 Lariat that pretty loaded both are brand new.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Glad she's ok. This is why I watch my mirrors like crazy and keep my head on a swivel in traffic. It's saved me a couple times. Hopefully you get everything figured out.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Wifey was watching her the whole time, kept figuring that she'd slow down, never did.

Wifey is sore, but against everyone's advice has returned to work.

Geico is screwing us over on the rental. They can't even get something simple like this accomplished I have zero hope they will take care of Wifey or anything else.

It's got me so pissed. Just lucky I was going to my MA class last night and got to beat the crap out of some targets. Grrr.

Geico sucks!

Dumb biotches texting and driving suck too.

Reaction score
Wifey was watching her the whole time, kept figuring that she'd slow down, never did.

Wifey is sore, but against everyone's advice has returned to work.

Geico is screwing us over on the rental. They can't even get something simple like this accomplished I have zero hope they will take care of Wifey or anything else.

It's got me so pissed. Just lucky I was going to my MA class last night and got to beat the crap out of some targets. Grrr.

Geico sucks!

Dumb biotches texting and driving suck too.

Get AAA for insurance. It's on the high end of price but it's worth it.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Yep the texting and driving is getting crazy. Plus all the dumbass people to begin with doesn't help. My mom got t-boned in an intersection and some drugged up hippy girl literally stated to the police "I was just turning left on red I didn't mean to hit her"... yeah. Insurance companies are such a joke and half the time the people that wreck into you are the ones that don't even have insurance.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Holy crap. Just added up what my truck is in value. $41k (KBB) for the truck and another $30k in parts, add another $11,300 in labor to put it all together.

I'm clearly gonna get boned :(

TrickTruck

Reaction score
oh sh1t, Geico called. Stated that their max payout is $25k. Guy (a supervisor) was shocked a vehicle could be more than that. What an a-hole.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.