looking at a 6.0l

chappy

Reaction score
I've never seen anyone lol as much as you lol. But anyway Plugged oil cooler is one thing to look at. Check if its got studs,You might get lucky. looks like a fleet vehicle of some sort so its probably had the piss ran out of it. I just upgraded to my 04 from a E99 and I'm happy as hell stepping up to a newer truck. I myself don't like the interior of the 05-07's and I got the black interior that I wanted in this one so Thats what I wanted. So I understand the wanting to step up to a little newer nicer of a truck. White residue around the degas bottle is a sign of puking. It doesn't mean for sure head gaskets are bad but I would be leary. I just changed my oil cooler and its not a fun job but pretty easy just costley and time consuming. you will need AE or someting to check the oil and coolant temps to see if the oil cooler is plugged. Plugged oil cooler lead to plugged egr cooler which leads to blown heads. Check to see how the truck runs when cold. if it runs rough then it might be stiction in the injectors which will mean replacing them. Checking the voltage in the ficm is another thing you can check with AE to see if its dropping which would mean replacing that. Thats about all the costley things I can think of to look for.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Hey now be nice lol, the info I found is that it was privetly owned... the oasis checked out good now tomorrow I'm gonna look at it cold and see what it does everything looked good the guy just wants what he owes on it, he's moving to hawaii lol the way I look at it is if I get drive it pay it off in no time then I can always do a cummins swap just gotta check it out a little more or I could bullet proof it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.