Need help! Coolant everywhere. All underneath the truck.

Clint_FX4

Reaction score
Pulled up to the house. Girlfriend says hey why is your truck smoking. Pop the hood and see liquid covering the engine. Look under the truck and looked like someone just dumped a 5 gallon bucket of coolant over the engine and it's hitting the concrete.

Where do I start looking? What could it be?

Mpoage

Reaction score
Does it look like it was pushed out of the bottle? Check your coolant hoses as well. And look at the hose that flows from The oil cooler to the egr cooler.

Irontx

Reaction score
Check under the degas bottle. Y likes to crack where it splits off to the heater. I did the same thing. Pulled up, truck smoking. Not saying that's it but it's a good start.

Irontx

Reaction score
Not sure how much a water pump is. Easy to change though. Pull the shroud, back the fan off, 4 bolts to pull the cap that the fan goes on and 4 bolts on the pump. Can have it done in an evening after work or something.

Clint_FX4

Reaction score
I ordered a new water pump through Oriellys for $150 including tax today. It was $5 more than a rebuild plus no $18 for core. That actually sounds pretty easy but as of now its getting towed tomorrow to a local guys shop.

I just hope that once he gets in there that is all that the problem is. Scared the $hit out of me when all that coolant came pouring out under the truck.

Latest posts

Members online