Need help diagnosing

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
Dump your oil as said. It is painfull to drain it but, 6 leakers do not like the Schaeffer's for some reason. It seems to make stiction 100% worse. My truck ran like sh!t on it.

Sniper32

Reaction score
Yeah thats my plan for tomorrow...and even though many have had good results with schaeffers all min issues started when i put it in, so goodbye schaeffers hello trusty rotella

worldwide73

Reaction score
It may take two changes to get all the crap out of your system is the bad part. I've had serious(magnified) stiction problems since shaeffers was in my truck and I'm on my third oil change since. My FICM is running right at 48V all the time.

Sniper32

Reaction score
UPDATE : rev-x completely cured me! Shes running strong again, although i think i may have popped my head gaskets. Had a little pukage after running it real hard for bout 15 min:doh:

Sniper32

Reaction score
Well when i first noticed my problems i had my mechanic look at it and he found out that the studs had somehow back off by the number 5 cylinder. After he retightened that and i was still havin priblems i used rev-x. Ive only puked once but have noticed im drinkin a lil coolant, sooo i think when the studs loosened it poped the head gaskets.
Unfortunately im still gettin an intermitant miss, but im crossin my fingers it will go away with the next rev-x treatment

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
That sucks man. Are you runnin' ARP's or H-11's? Did you use Ford gaskets or the Black Onyx? I've heard several guys havin' issues with the Black Onyx gaskets. I hope you get it worked out.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Well if you have to change em', I'd go back to stock Ford gaskets. Guys seem to have better luck on DD's with those. Thats what I'm runnin'.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Black Onyx gaskets have had a high failure rate in DD's? It seems like everytime some poor guy blows a HG with studs, he has the BO gaskets.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Have had extensive conversations with Doug about this issue, and the reason they keep popping with the black onyx gaskets is due to them being thicker than the stock ford ones. Had this problem with my truck twice. Second time i messured each layer on the two I pulled off, and one was 0.017" thicker, and the other was 0.016". The stockers were 0.058" each. You do the math. You could see were it was carbon tracing through the layers so there is your answer. And yes I did re-check the deck surface, and the heads, and both were still perfect.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I thought long and hard about using the BO gaskets, but decided to stay with the stock gaskets because 1)Ford was paying for those and 2)Eric at Innovative was making 1000hp on ARP's and stock gaskets. Glad I didn't use the BO gaskets even though everyone was telling me to go that route.

RescueF250

Reaction score
4 pages later and I didnt see anyone say anything.

John before you go any deeper ! Run a power balance test on your truck. Find out what each cylinder is really doing. See which cylinders are reading negative on the chart. Run it thru the RPM band to 2000 and see which injectors drop the most. Also do this while she is warm and look at the changes. Tell me what you find after that.

Sniper32

Reaction score
Thanks kev...already got with adam and we are gonna hook up ae to it nexr month at the drags. So if youre there your imput would be greatly appreciated

Latest posts

Members online