Calling 6.0 gurus, wtf's with the lpop

Stroked

Reaction score
ok. had an lpop problem, new (used) front cover, that lpop was installed in when i got it. new front cover is on the truck, no problem, getting the lpop in even with the bolts on the front cover loose isnt happening. What is the trick?

Stroked

Reaction score
nope. its not like a 7.3, there isnt a different direction. ive been told theres some out there with circles on them, like timing marks, but the 3 sets i have here do not have anything of the sort. stupid, piss poor design.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
A good method I have used is to leave the front cover bolts loose so you can
move the cover around some to get the oil pump in place. I slide the inner gear past the outer gear to get in aligned on the crank first, then wiggle the cover as needed to get the outer gear installed. Once the gears are installed you can torque down the front cover.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Also if the intake manifold is still installed you may need to loosen the intake bolts and raise the manifold up just a bit to allow more wiggle room for the front cover.

Stroked

Reaction score
the last one i think is my problem, that thick ass o ring that goes between the front cover and the o ring is holding me down, i might loosed them if i cant flex it enough with a lineup tool

Latest posts

Members online