ICP sensor

Lyrch

Reaction score
My truck says it needs one. 2003 f250 6.0 has anyone had any luck buying the cheap ones off ebay, or do I really need the dealer one.

Duece

Reaction score
I replaced my original ICP sensor in December with one from FORD and had to change the new one out 1500 miles later because it started leaking through the sensor connector just like the first one. They warrantied the part, but I was out my time of replacing it myself.

Last edited:

Duece

Reaction score
03s are not to bad. Just have to remove alot from the top or change it from the bottom. But I would definantly use a part from Ford.

SOBw/thePSD

Reaction score
Oh have fun on a 03' lol.

They are pretty tricky. But with some nimble fingers and a little patience it's really not that bad. I took off the degas bottle and the FICM. Then removed the rear most stud on the intake manifold and then used a crowsfoot wrench along with a universal and a long extension.

strokin6L

Reaction score
took me about a half hour to replace the one on my early '04. Pretty easy not bad at all. I ended up using the 05-07 sensor instead of the 03-04 sensor. Mine was leaking through the sensor so i ended up putting a new connector on the harness also. It never acted up at all tho either. Only way i noticed this, is because i had to disconnect the harness to it so that i could hook up an ICP/HPOP gauge...then i noticed the oil in the connector.

Latest posts

Members online