Order Part #'s For top end rebuild

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
Morning all,

Ok, truck is heading to the shop next week for studs and gogo stg 1 / EGR cooler/valve delete intake install. There are only two shops in Anchorage AK that are qualified to do this job. One wants 5K and won't do it unless I buy all the parts from him. The other wants 5k but says I can provide all the parts I want. So I'm going to try and compile a list of Part #'s and save a little money :thumbup: The bad part is I have no idea where to start. I know many of you have done this job with ur eyes closed and would appreciate some help.

I have:

6.4 Banjo bolts / washers
upgraded FPR kit (blue spring)
GOGO intake and intake manifold gaskets required
coolant filter reloc. kit
Arp w/ torque lube

Dont have

head gaskets
oil cooler + gaskets

Other than that I don't know of anything. I don't want to ask the shop because I feel that would be a slap in the face to them.

Appreciate it fellas
Don

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Morning all,

Ok, truck is heading to the shop next week for studs and gogo stg 1 / EGR cooler/valve delete intake install. There are only two shops in Anchorage AK that are qualified to do this job. One wants 5K and won't do it unless I buy all the parts from him. The other wants 5k but says I can provide all the parts I want. So I'm going to try and compile a list of Part #'s and save a little money :thumbup: The bad part is I have no idea where to start. I know many of you have done this job with ur eyes closed and would appreciate some help.

I have:

6.4 Banjo bolts / washers
upgraded FPR kit (blue spring)
GOGO intake and intake manifold gaskets required
coolant filter reloc. kit
Arp w/ torque lube

Dont have

head gaskets
oil cooler + gaskets

Other than that I don't know of anything. I don't want to ask the shop because I feel that would be a slap in the face to them.

Appreciate it fellas
Don

You would still need a solid up-pipe for the delete, use stock head gaskets, injector o-ring kit(8 total they come individually), and if you get the ford oil cooler kit it will have all your gaskets for that. Last thing on that list would be the updated hpop fitting if your truck is an '05 and later, and you should be good to go.:thumbup:

Last edited:

gjoski515

Reaction score
just a reminder, remember to have the heads checked for crack and have them milled flat, this may not we on the parts list but is a must do:D

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the list I have is getting bigger and bigger, but it'll work out in the end. I'm excited to drive this thing w/ ID's xtreme race tune on 40's!

Johnboy3

Reaction score
If you get the Ford gaskets they will come with the hpop tubes which aren't a bad idea to replace. Also the dummy plugs on the front of the hpop rail should be replaced if your truck has many miles on it.

A set of exhaust manifold gaskets would be a good idea.

The new upgraded solid turbo feed line is also something to add as long as the turbo is off.