No Start 05 6.0

Stroked

Reaction score
05 6.0 Gearhead srl tune, head studs, egr delete, coolant filter thats about it.

Started, idled for all of about a minute or so and shut off normally, like someone had shut off the key. Walked over, sputtered tried to start, no go. Hooked the pds to it, reading 0 psi of icp, unplugged the icp sensor, defaulted to 12xxpsi, still no start. Took out the oil filter, used a screwdriver to push down the check valve in the bowl and had it cranked, sure enough, not filling up the oil bowl. Went underneath, pulled the 12mm allen key on the low pressure regulator at the crank, slid right out, no debris in it, and slid in and out without binding. This is where i stand, my plan for tomorrow is to pull the fan/shroud and the damper and unbolt the lpop, and see if maybe thats damaged, at which point the plan is to pull the oil pan and inspect the pickup tube. Anyone run into such a problem before?

Reaction score
does it build lpo on the dash gauge?id hook up a mechanical gauge and see what lpo your making.ive never seen a low pressure pump fail.also does it have the updated stc? ive seen it cause a similar issue.

Snake

Reaction score
Last month a friend's shop had a 6.0 that had a LPOP fail. They couldn't get the truck to start and checked the oil filter: bone dry. Replaced the pump and the truck fired right up.

Reaction score
most but not all LPOP failures have a connection to sucking up debris from mechanical failure. frequently accompanied by cracked LPOP housing and oil leakage.

Wright337

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing and it ended up being the ipr on the hpop changed that and fired rite up. The part was @250.00 and took about 30 min to change.

Stroked

Reaction score
if the oil filter bowl isnt filling up, the oil doesnt get a chance to get to the ipr, but nice thought. and i got a boroscope and checked out the inside of the pan, the pickup is still bolted up, and doesnt appear to have anything in it. going to tackle getting the lpop off now, see where i stand with that. thanks

Stroked

Reaction score
Pulled the fan, shroud, and the lpop cover. Inside of the cover is grooved hard. as for the lpop gears i wont be able to get them out tonight, it has one of the wear sleeves in it, where it may have been out at some time before. anyone pull the wear sleeve off without the ford special tool? i saw one guy that said hacksaw and chisel,...rather not do that any ideas?

Stroked

Reaction score
low pressure pump is out, holy scarred. the pump was actually stuck in position came out as one unit and smacked it hard to get the two gears to seperate. new pump is in, what a ****in pain in the ass that was. waiting for the batteries to charge now to see if all was cured

Stroked

Reaction score
truck started, let it run for a few minutes, elevated the rpm a little, aaaand ate another lpop im almost certain. im thinking it was due to the scores made in it by the original damaged lpop. going to pull the front cover probably tomorrow, have one ordered monday not a job or a parts bill that i wanted to deal with. im thinking the damage is due to the person that did the head gasket removal not too long ago, since i found no clear debris, or and hard damage anywhere, other than the bad scores on the pump, the front cover and the lpop cover. time will tell

RescueF250

Reaction score
That sleeve needs to be pressed on. Hope your doing it the correct way. If it was scored the first time Ford recommends to change the front cover.

Latest posts

Members online