Need help diagnosing

Sniper32

Reaction score
Ok yall, i need some help here. Lately my truck has been acting up, at low RPMs it breaks up then runs normal once i get to bout 2000. I mainly feel the break up from a stop( like i said low rpms). At first i thought i may have an injector goin south, but if that were true wouldnt it always be missing? So my thoughts are either an injector or possibly a cracked injector cup (but coolant level isnt dropping). So what are your thoughts?

Detail are in my sig

ducatirider944

Reaction score
Ok yall, i need some help here. Lately my truck has been acting up, at low RPMs it breaks up then runs normal once i get to bout 2000. I mainly feel the break up from a stop( like i said low rpms). At first i thought i may have an injector goin south, but if that were true wouldnt it always be missing? So my thoughts are either an injector or possibly a cracked injector cup (but coolant level isnt dropping). So what are your thoughts?

Detail are in my sig

When was the last time you changed your oil and fuel filters?

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Assuming your filters are OK.... Throw some Rev-X at it. If your sticks are gettin sticky, that should take care of it.

I'm curious, what kind of oil do you run?

Sniper32

Reaction score
Last oil change was 3 months ago maybe 1000 mi since then, filters were done the same time. Im using scheafers 9000 (5x40 full symthetic). It does do it more when the engine is cold but still does it a lil after its warm. I was thinking it maybe stiction...guess ill try to get my hands on some revx. Thanks yall, amy other ideas are welcome

gjoski515

Reaction score
could last you awhile, but i would looking into injectors, sorry but once this start i dont think there is no turning back, just a delay is all, im saving for injectors and turbo myself

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
IMO, the Rev-X is worth a shot. It's a whole lot cheaper than injectors. If it's a stiction issue, you stand a great chance at getting several more thousand miles out of the injectors. If your sticks are to a point of mechanical damage, Rev-X probably won't do you much good.

I'm sold on the stuff. It instantly cured a miss my truck was developing and cold starts got much nicer. It idles like butter after about two seconds. I've only dosed my truck once. That was ~13k and two oil oil changes ago.

worldwide73

Reaction score
Change your oil... I used shaeffers in my truck and it magnified the stiction by 500%. Drained and put reg 15w40 rotella back in and it went away.

Atsah

Reaction score
Injector problem is my guess but I would check voltages on your FICM just to be sure your FICM is putting out what your injectors need.. If they check out, I would have an injector power balance done on it to see if your problem is due to one or more bad injectors..

Sniper32

Reaction score
Just ordered some rev-x , and am gonna go back to mobile1 for oil. Ive used that up till now and had no stiction issues. Hopefully that cures the problem bcs i cant afford an injector fix right now

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Hey Jon, give me a shout again if it doesn't help. We'll get hooked up, and I'll bring my ae so we can get it hooked up, and see what's going on in there.

Goose

Reaction score
Last oil change was 3 months ago maybe 1000 mi since then, filters were done the same time. Im using scheafers 9000 (5x40 full symthetic). It does do it more when the engine is cold but still does it a lil after its warm. I was thinking it maybe stiction...guess ill try to get my hands on some revx. Thanks yall, amy other ideas are welcome

No, dont do this. The first thing you should check on a 6.0l if it is running rough is the FICM.

Sniper32

Reaction score
Ok rev-x should be here tomorrow and got my oil today.......FYI Rotella T 15w40 is only 13.24 per gallon at walmart!! Cant beat that

Latest posts

Members online