Fuel pump relay circuit fault

bad moose

Reaction score
Had a miss today and was going down the highway. Truck started to have a stronger miss, lost power, and died. Coasted to the shoulder and tried restarting a couple of times. Checked for codes and found cyl 5 contribution code and fuel pump relay circuit fault code. Can't remember the code numbers but these are the descriptions. Cleared and tried to restarting a few times and the fuel pump circuit fault code kept coming back. Oil pressure did come up on the dash, and truck would hit but not pick up and run. Towed it to the dealer. I don't have the time or tools right now.

Looked up the code and found the relay was not serviceable but the fuel pum was usually at fault for the code. Anybody run into this before, options?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea, probably the secondary circuit for FP. Any time you get hits while cranking it's more than likely a fueling issue.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Oh you were getting compression back through?

Failed copper, cracked/worn nozzle.

bad moose

Reaction score
I guess after thinking about it they decided it was the fuel pump.....

It ran great before it died. I did have a contribution code on #5 but it would come and go, so I was think it was all on how the fuel was getting to it or not getting to it. JMO

Latest posts

Members online