7.3 random no start

cory99

Reaction score
Trying to help brother diagnose his truck since I can't get back there with AE for couple weeks. Truck was running great he drive one day last fall and after he shut off would not start. They towed it home I hooked up AE few weeks back ans everything read as should and once got good connections with battery cables truck fired right up. They went to use it yesterday and fired right up no issues. Drove 5 miles shutoff and then wouldnt start. They did get it running by using ether (they don't listen) but it was running really rough looping and trying to idle at 1400. An hour later truck started fine like nothing happened so figured hpo leak, ipr or hpop. So they let it sit overnight and same thing today with a no start. At a loss gonna have them swap the cps from an old motor we have as well as icp since p1280 was present last time I scanned and kept coming back. Anywhere else to look at until I can scan it. Only other thing I could tho k of was the coating on ipr pigtail was bad couple years ago and he put some liquid tape on there so winder if that pigtail is bad so told to cut out the ebpv connector since its ******d and replace with it.

cory99

Reaction score
That was my original thought but they said cut cables and have them clamped on terminals good now. Was wondering if dont have a bad wire somewhere and pcm not seeing 10.3 volts given cranks over fine. Will know more in few weeks when get back and can hook up my scanner.

Latest posts

Members online