How high is too high on egts?

chaselee

Reaction score
Stopped by the shop on the way to work this afternoon. Should be done tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20180330_144620205.jpg
    IMG_20180330_144620205.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

DieselDC

Reaction score
Biggest intercooler possible, keep the 160 sticks, most EFFICIENT turbo you can afford, I don’t remember reading auto/standard but if an auto - get a 6.@ cooler or a trucool 40gvc like me. I have gauges just to be cool (actually they’re tucked under near my right knee) but I don’t ever look at them. 18k - yeah I just stomp on the pedal. 24-30ish k okay I’ll maybe glance over at the pyro. Kcturbo keeps my booooost up and eggs down. I’m going to probably upgrade the vb to a bts (b/c I have a bts on my other rig) soon and call it done on this rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lol, I hope your right as much as this sh!t is costing me.
Cant take it with you when you go. Lol.. just remember, money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you horsepower and that is kinda the same thing. You wont regret spending the money. Well worth it.

live life full throttle

chaselee

Reaction score
Picked the truck up today and drove it to work. Normal highway driving it seems to be 30-50 degrees cooler is all. Is this normal? I'd have thought it would be more?

DieselDC

Reaction score
Get a different tune. Sdk is a good tuner. That turbo should lower eggs by margins. Boost leak maybe?

chaselee

Reaction score
I just looked up sdk. What's that tuners name over there? I ask because I think I have some of their tunes.

DieselDC

Reaction score
I have php hydra and he wrote 150hp for me. 16.7mpg dually.

Edit: Dan Kropinak based in Canada

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
Picked the truck up today and drove it to work. Normal highway driving it seems to be 30-50 degrees cooler is all. Is this normal? I'd have thought it would be more?

I wouldnt expect to see much for egt drops when empty. Hook a trailer to it and that will show you the difference.

Also its never a bad idea to check for boost leaks. Anytime I pull my intake plumbing apart I check to make sure its all sealed up. Its amazing how often ill find a little leak here or there.

chaselee

Reaction score
Yeah one of these days when I get a day off I'm going to hook up to my camper and go for a ride and see what she looks like. First I have to take it back to the shop though. The down pipe is touching the firewall and floor and it's loud as hell in the cab now. Literally sounds like the exhaust is dumped I to the cab, along with a vibrating buzz throughout the whole cab.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Yeah one of these days when I get a day off I'm going to hook up to my camper and go for a ride and see what she looks like. First I have to take it back to the shop though. The down pipe is touching the firewall and floor and it's loud as hell in the cab now. Literally sounds like the exhaust is dumped I to the cab, along with a vibrating buzz throughout the whole cab.

I’m always wondering hth people that call themselves “professionals” let little details like that slide. I just don’t get it. They really enjoy having folks come back for seconds.

chaselee

Reaction score
The guy that owns the shop is a really good guy and very knowledgeable across the board on diesel but this was the first of this type system he had ever installed. He's not really up on obs trucks, which alot of shops aren't anymore. He will make it right, but your right it's annoying to have to 1. Drive it like that til I get time to take it back and 2. Have to take it back for rework.

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
I had a helluva time getting my dp to finally clear the cab. Even after new body mount bushings it would touch around corners or under hard acceleration when the frame would flex. Drove me crazy. I finally ended up denting the dp a little and haven't had an issue since.

Latest posts

Members online