Stronger Exhaust Smell

brock1129

Reaction score
I've noticed after my fuel filter change that my exhaust seems to smell alot more. Seems to be more potent. My filters were over due for a change. I have the H/S low pressure pump also... Im running the G/h Sotf. I usually keep the truck on level 4. So should i maybe reinstall the tunes? Thanks

brock1129

Reaction score
Yes factory DP. But i know its gonna smell like diesel. im not new to the game. Just seems to be way stronger of a smell lately. didnt know if it had something to do with the SOTF and dropping temps around the North East. Or like i said the new filters.

sootie

Reaction score
wont be anything to do with the filters. Different tunes can cause different cold starts etc but if its on the same tune, it wont be that. MY bet is ambient temp.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Yes factory DP. But i know its gonna smell like diesel. im not new to the game. Just seems to be way stronger of a smell lately. didnt know if it had something to do with the SOTF and dropping temps around the North East. Or like i said the new filters.

Right on, just thought if you have an aftermarket down pipe it might be leaking at the connection. Mine did and it would draw Diesel fumes in threw the heater vents...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've noticed after my fuel filter change that my exhaust seems to smell alot more. Seems to be more potent. My filters were over due for a change. I have the H/S low pressure pump also... Im running the G/h Sotf. I usually keep the truck on level 4. So should i maybe reinstall the tunes? Thanks
I had basic p i p tunes for the last 3 years and i switched to the gh sotf tunes and they are stronger smelling over the old tunes.. smokes a lil more on cold starts so that makes sense. My old tunes did the same thing but the new tunes are a hair stronger and smokes white for a lil longer. I wouldn't worry about it.

live life full throttle

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I had basic p i p tunes for the last 3 years and i switched to the gh sotf tunes and they are stronger smelling over the old tunes.. smokes a lil more on cold starts so that makes sense. My old tunes did the same thing but the new tunes are a hair stronger and smokes white for a lil longer. I wouldn't worry about it.

live life full throttle

hmmm, I was about to switch over. Makes me wonder about timing

ckrueg

Reaction score
Pilot injection quantity can have a huge effect on idle smoke too. I changed that up on my 6.4 and it smoked like a 7.3 when I lowered them too much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
The exhaust smell from my truck changes from time to time. There are times it doesn't even smell like diesel and other times it smells like my old 7.3. No change in tunes and I fuel up at the same place 90% of the time so I can't attribute it to anything other than as Sootie said, ambient temp. I get fumes in the cab but that is because my EGR is routed to the atmosphere.

brock1129

Reaction score

live life full throttle

Yep i experienced the same thing.

Latest posts

Members online