Craigslist find, opinions?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Is $10k spending money for you or is that your life savings?

If you can "afford" to loose $10k it could be a decent deal if you do your research. Title/VIN check, OASIS, visual inspection, et etc.

Reaction score
I mean it's not my life savings but I by no means would take losing 10 k lughtly.

So basically it's new motor time if it drops a valve? Is there any ways to check without tearing it down, such as if I went down to look at the truck?

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
i wouldnt. youre gonna drop 10k and instantly gonna have to work on it. not gonna be cheap, thats for sure. and like mentioned earlier, not like its a ranch or a plat or anything.

Jomax

Reaction score
I wpuld steer clear. "It started running rough, so he bought a new truck"? Didn't even pay the money for a diagnostic?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
I wpuld steer clear. "It started running rough, so he bought a new truck"? Didn't even pay the money for a diagnostic?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This, he knows what was wrong with it and he was better off getting another truck.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
And since you drive an 04 class action lawsuite duramax for overheating yours overheats regularly?

Get lost.... before so much foam comes from your mouth you choke.
Dude where did that come from? I was just saying what i thought maybe it was as 11's have some problems dropping valves, a customer of ours got a engine under warranty at 30k for that. Btw mines a lb7, lly's had the issues with overheating....

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
So it has washed out cylinder walls then....
I said i bet it has a dropped valve, a guess i made because 11's are known to drop valves and it suddenly started running rough but the guy is selling it instead of fixing it. If someone came onto a duramax site and said they were looking at a 03 that was blowing white smoke at idle i would say it probably had bad injectors, same difference... Seriously why are you jumping down my throat over this?

JMart

Reaction score
I said i bet it has a dropped valve, a guess i made because 11's are known to drop valves and it suddenly started running rough but the guy is selling it instead of fixing it. If someone came onto a duramax site and said they were looking at a 03 that was blowing white smoke at idle i would say it probably had bad injectors, same difference... Seriously why are you jumping down my throat over this?

Look at his sig, its because he has an 11.

dangerous1

Reaction score
And since you drive an 04 class action lawsuite duramax for overheating yours overheats regularly?

Get lost.... before so much foam comes from your mouth you choke.
Anyone with any business sense knows you assume the worse until proven otherwise.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.