Wheel and lighting advice on '15 Platinum

FX44AU

Reaction score
Nice ride! What mount did you use on the 28 inch LED light bar?

Thanks! I have a fab shop and made the bracket myself.

I need to find a good source for smoked OEM tail lights. I've thought about buying some aftermarket LED tails and painting them myself but I keep going back to the smoked OEM tails. I've used VHT in the past but I haven't always been happy with the finish and I've seen some tails that have been professionally tinted with a high gloss finish that look great. I just need to source them out. Once I do those and the third brake light I think I'll be done with it appearance wise.

Last edited:

Rule12b

Reaction score
Thanks! I have a fab shop and made the bracket myself.

I need to find a good source for smoked OEM tail lights. I've thought about buying some aftermarket LED tails and painting them myself but I keep going back to the smoked OEM tails. I've used VHT in the past but I haven't always been happy with the finish and I've seen some tails that have been professionally tinted with a high gloss finish that look great. I just need to source them out. Once I do those and the third brake light I think I'll be done with it appearance wise.

Just a thought, but why not get a set and simply paint them dark within while retaining clear lenses. That way you don't give John Q. Law probable cause to pull you over anytime he chooses. . .That was the path I took with mine. . .
IMG_9348_zpsnoiebwpa.jpg

FX44AU

Reaction score
Do you have any other pics of those? That's similar to what I'm talking about if I were to paint them instead of tinting them.

Rule12b

Reaction score
I only have these few photos of the truck from the rear besides that one I'm afraid. (I have dozens from other angles, I have no idea why I don't have more of the rear lights). Not much help other than to give you a feeling of the look from afar I guess. . .

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpg
    IMG_3544.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 140

FX44AU

Reaction score
Definitely something I'm considering. Did you paint them yourself or have someone else do it? They look like the ones Retroshop does. Recon tails I'm assuming?

Pockets

Reaction score
I only have these few photos of the truck from the rear besides that one I'm afraid. (I have dozens from other angles, I have no idea why I don't have more of the rear lights). Not much help other than to give you a feeling of the look from afar I guess. . .
Is that the Nürburgring on your camper?

Rule12b

Reaction score
Those are Recon tails that the Retroshop painted for me. They came out great. They did my headlights as well. Wonderful guys to work with.

Yes that is the Nurburgring. It's the logo for the Cadillac Challenge, the series I race in. . .
0153449699934429_5733877931240730245_n_zps4jrnfxkx.jpg

Converted_I4A8511_zpscvpt1jsp.jpg

getstroked27

Reaction score
Ingot Silver FTW!!!! Just a thought i will throw out for yah here..... Get a set of Recon Tails, and have your paint shop do a heavily clear reduced factory match coat on them. then clear and buff. we did it on my old boss' escalade when he said he wanted it totally murdered, and it turned out awesome. I also did the same thing on my halo rings on my headlights i built. if they do it right, it has no more effect on the light output than a light coat of VHT, and looks killer. just a thought though

Sullys450

Reaction score
Great looking Ingot Silver truck. I love it. I have yet to see an F450 in Silver, mine might be the first one I see when it arrives and I'll be using this thread that is for sure.

FX44AU

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm sure the silver 450 will be nice!

Other than adding some smoked OEM taillights I haven't done anything else to the truck appearance wise. I've been tossing around the idea of ditching the machined/black wheels for some chrome ones but I'm not sure.

08D70307-1C99-4B69-8A66-9FD80D5B36AC_zpse95evlru.jpg

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm sure the silver 450 will be nice!

Other than adding some smoked OEM taillights I haven't done anything else to the truck appearance wise. I've been tossing around the idea of ditching the machined/black wheels for some chrome ones but I'm not sure.

08D70307-1C99-4B69-8A66-9FD80D5B36AC_zpse95evlru.jpg

Damn, you got me thinking bout de badging my silver platinum now too!

Latest posts

Members online