600 horsepower reliability.

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was curious to know how reliable a 600-700 horsepower 6.0 is for daily driving. And what other precautions should be taken before daily driving on that much power. 600 is my goal for the truck daily driven so I'm just curious about reliability issues. Thanks guys!

hunterER7

Reaction score
With my set up in my signature I should be around there. Right now I am de-tuned to run the truck without detonating the transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
600hp is pretty easy when built right. It is very reliable when built right

700hp is actually pretty hard to hit unless you start to go pretty big.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would say 600 to daily is gonna be pretty smokey, but for racing, it is fairly easy to hit. I have dynoed at 615 in a truck that tows 15k or so usually about ojce a month up decent hills. Typical driving tune is probably aroud 500-525 though, and runs fairly clean. If you are looking to daily 600 you should shoot for 700-750 and detune it. But as charlie said, that gets expensive pretty quick....

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
I should be high 600's -mid 700's depending on my turbo choice & a few other things. I ended up going to 250/100's but for the short term I'm going to run my 68mm Barder which won't have enough air to fully use those injectors but that will be changed pretty soon. Anyway I will post about how the truck runs and if it breaks down etc. so we will see how reliable mine is anyway. Ned a tranny also before I really get on it. Talk about expensive!!this project cost me more than I paid for the truck when I bought it in 07.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
I daily mine, actually just moved from Cali back to MI towing a 7-8k pounds with it. Its definitely doable, with good tuning and right-foot control. But expect to break things, especially if you're not building the trans right away.

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
Well for now I was thinking I'd do either 190/30% or 190/100% with either a stage 2 or 3 kc turbo and a custom tune. I realise that's probably a pretty good difference in injector size lol.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
190/3 and a stage 2 is a great setup, i really enjoyed it, and is very driveable, as well as makes great power. I put the 205s in the next time i took it apart, and am now having hi pressure issues. The stock pump will not keep up with them. 190s are at max of the factory pump, so unless you want to put a bigger pump or dual pumps on, id stay with 190s.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
190/30 and stage 2 turbo is one of our most popular setups right now. It runs great, spools fast, pulls hard, and makes around 550-600hp... with a few exceptions that have made it into the 600-625 range on a good running truck.

Let us know if we can help

[email protected]

Merc82

Reaction score
I really enjoy my 190/30 setup, however my old fuel system couldn't keep up. (6.0-6.4 pump setup). Very versatile, clean DD setup.

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
So would I be better off going with the 190/30 and stage 2 setup or should I go with the 190/100 stage 3? Because I don't wanna get into changing a bunch of stuff. Like I don't wanna have to buy a better HPOP which I shouldn't with that size injectors but do you think I'll need to get a lift pump or something. I plan on having custom tuning done after I do this little build I just have to find someone to do the tuning. Another question. Sense I have a programmer can I have custom tunes put in it? Sorry I'm fairly new to all this lol.

MrMxaxs

Reaction score
Also as far as turbos should I go with KC or some other brand? Because I'm not dead set on KC all I know for sure is I'd like to stay with a VGT.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Any injectors a new pump and a regulated return are recommended to help them live long and happy lives. I would recommend kc, as charlies customer service.is awesome! I havent run anyone elses vgt setups, as charlie is local to me and the shop i deal with sells a lot of his turbos, but i dont think i will change.turbo builders if i ever change.turbos again. I cant say enough about his customer service.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
So would I be better off going with the 190/30 and stage 2 setup or should I go with the 190/100 stage 3? Because I don't wanna get into changing a bunch of stuff. Like I don't wanna have to buy a better HPOP which I shouldn't with that size injectors but do you think I'll need to get a lift pump or something. I plan on having custom tuning done after I do this little build I just have to find someone to do the tuning. Another question. Sense I have a programmer can I have custom tunes put in it? Sorry I'm fairly new to all this lol.

Stay with the stage 2 and go with 190/30s. Definitely do a regulated return. You may not be breaking 600, but it'll be a fun daily setup

Latest posts

Members online